Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I met Ron Hill, had lunch

Post Thanks / Like

Default I met Ron Hill, had lunch

I had to go to a corperate meeting last week, 2 days worth. Part of it was saftey. As the saftey cordinators came in I laughed as one approched me. He asked why did I laugh when I saw him. I said "Your Famous". He had a puzzled look and ask what I was talking about. His name tag big as can be said Ron Hill. I said if you are Ron Hill, I am on your boating sight almost every day. I asked, you race boats don't you? He just laughed and said no buddy not me. He bought me lunch and we talked a bit over the two days, real nice fella.
    Helping folks out around the globe.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey 88Workcar, got a question for you. Did you ever happen to meet Justin Wilson? I don't know if he's still around. Many will remember him as the first great "coonass" comedian. Maybe he's on Youtube. But not many people know his occupation was a "Safety Man". I guess he probably had a "speaking" role at all the safety meetings he attended.

Post Thanks / Like

Default So, There Are Two "NICE" Ron Hills...

So, there are two of us...Nice guys....

Actually, on Google, unless you type in Ron Hill and Propellers....you'll never find me...(Ron Hill the Prop Nut)...

Post Thanks / Like

Default gotta know

I may regret this question 88 workcar, but what the hell is the “American Bureau of Whipping”?

49ci OMC, Alum flat sabine river killer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he got a whipping at the last race

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Hey 88Workcar, got a question for you. Did you ever happen to meet Justin Wilson? I don't know if he's still around. Many will remember him as the first great "coonass" comedian. Maybe he's on Youtube. But not many people know his occupation was a "Safety Man". I guess he probably had a "speaking" role at all the safety meetings he attended.
    I always liked Justin Wilson's duck hunting routines.

He also had a cooking show called " The Cookin Cajun" long before Emeril, Paula Deen and all the others.

He always recommended a specific wine for each meal he prepared. He often would ask in his cajun accent, "Wha kine o wine you drink wid dis? Wha kine you got"?

Then there was Jerry Clower with his coon hunting stories.

Kids today don't know what good clean funny is all about.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another "clean" one was WOODY WOODBURY

A really great "lounge" comedian. Worked for years at a little place in Ft. Lauderdale, and traveled a little also. Sold a LOT of records. They are still available from his website, on LP, Cassette, and CD for the most recent ones.

That is where "Champagne Flight" came from.

P.S.

I also liked Justin Wilson. Used to watch his cooking program for his wild game recipes, quail and dove especially.

Post Thanks / Like

Master- Ol JW was a good comedian, but was not a cajun, he was from Mississippi. I did not know his other occupation was safety.
    Ron- Ok 2 nice guys LOL

Shinders- It said American Bureau of Shipping, I changed it to suit my nornal statis The whipper not the whippee

SRK- That is correct ol boy, but you didn't whoop me, I spoke with you there but you forgot your boat. By the way thanks for the pictures and videos

Gene- yes yes yes-(shoot this thang) yes

Bill - I never heard of that one.

I have worked 209hrs in the last 3 weeks, I am so burned out is it crazy, but I am thankful that I have a job in these hard times.
    Helping folks out around the globe.

Thread Information