Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Depue Reunion

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks John..and Todd and to whoever sandbagged the river.

I booked my flight an hour ago, and look forward to seeing everyone. I've been scrounging around for items for the silent auction but would still like to have more. If anyone has anything they can part with that might gather in some money for the sport that means everything to us....please let me know. I've got a few Jerry Waldman items to add. I've not heard from a couple of suppliers yet, although I admit I've been behind the curve in asking, but hopefully we'll have a good auction.

Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to make it happen.

Alan and Charley......would it be possible for someone to braid your hair together for a great photo session before it is clipped.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so happy with the good news about the racing and reunion!
    Really looking forward to the reunion and getting a chance to eyeball a lot of guys that
    I have become friends with via the internet, but not yet met in person.

And thanks to John for all his efforts to make this reunion happen!
    See everyone soon,
    George

Post Thanks / Like

Default DePue Programs

I am trying to complete my collection of programs from all the DePue Nationals. I have a good majority of them but I missing a few years. If anyone has a copy or an extra copy of a DePue Nationals program from 1989 , 1992 , 1993 , 1999 , 2003 or any from the early years 1965-1974 - I already have a 1972 - that you are might be willing to part with please send me a PM or e-mail me at dhoffert@mchsi.com. Thanks - Dale Hoffert

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1967 Nationals...at DePue

As I've said, I won't be making the 2012 Reunion at DePue, but I'll be there in spirit. (You guys can talk about me all you want)....

This is the plate of my DRR trophy, 1967.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reunion Raffle

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    As I've said, I won't be making the 2012 Reunion at DePue, but I'll be there in spirit. (You guys can talk about me all you want)....

This is the plate of my DRR trophy, 1967.
    John, I want to donate a DVD of the 1972 Nationals. All the legions are in it. I think the COH J-4 with the looper in in it. How do I do this?.....Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bob Rusnak

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

John, are there going to be any vintage equipment on display? If so I may be able to bring something. Do you want a A looper or a F looper (44ci). Dont have room for both.
    Bob Rusnak

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob, bring the DVD with you and it will be placed upon a table for the auction. As far as vintage, yes...they will be there and would appreciate very much what you bring. As far as which looper to bring, someone else has to advise on that. I think most people would relate to the A looper since that was one of the most popular classes and many have fond memories of racing them, but the F's were more rare and might generate a lot of interest.

Look forward to seeing you again, and hope Loraine and Sean will be doing Okay. We will be there to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dave Bryan....

Dave won the C Stock Runabout Nationals in 1982. He retired shortly after that, maybe because he "Hangs Out" with me, he bought Ralph DeSilva an Antique Service C. Tim Weber hs driven, Ralph's C Service at DePue for the last, maybe 10 years.

Anyway, Dave bought tickets to fly to DePue, then he herad there was no water in the Illinois River and that DePue might be cancelled. So, Dave called the airline and cancelled his ticket. The airline gave hime like $400 credit for his ticket, but he had to fly outside the USA.

Well, when Daved heard the DePueNationals was on, he called the airlind and explained he "Problem" to them...and they after he :Begged" gave him his ticket back.

So, Dave is off to DePue and the Reunion on Tuesday...

Enjoy, DePue, Dave, be sure and chew your corn!

Allen J. Lang

Ron. you missed a good turn out. Nice displays. For the most part, great Racing.
    Alan Ishii and Charlie Bradley lost their long hair. As Charlie said, his helmet will now fit.
    Everyone seemed to have a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

John - I just wanted to say thank you for letting me be a part of the reunion. I had a good time meeting the legends of boat racing and listening to the stories. Also a thank you to you , Lee , Alan , Bill and everybody there for helping the Mens Club and the Village by donating part of the profit from the reunion to the Save the Lake Fund. It was really appreciated. Here looking forward to 5 years from now ? Dale

Thread Information