Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Depue Reunion

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Depue Reunion

I am bewildered that registrations aren't coming in as I've heard nothing but positive reponses of attendance. Let's begin registering as we need head counts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depue Reunion Discounted rate hotel

A block of 30 rooms has blocked for the Reunion attendees at the Peru LaQuinta Motel. It's just south of the Peru exit on I-80. The phone number is (815) 224-9000. The rooms that are blocked are doubles but can be changed in accordance with your needs. You'll need to provide a C.C. # when calling & making your registration. The block is for the nights of Wed. July 25 through Sat. July 28. If you arrival &/or departure dates are differen, tell them when you call.

To get the special rate of $70 per night, the normal July rate is $109, you must tell them that you are with the "Boat Racers Reunion" group.

This block will be held until July 1st. If the block isn't taken, then I'll have to cancel the unreserved rooms. I we are very successful in gaining strong attendance, they have agreed to expand the number of blocked rooms.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reunion

Copy that Karen.can't bring up the last part of instructions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reunion Registration

Although slow, registrations are coming in. It is important that you register to to guarantee you official reunion shirt (s), optional cap, tickets for 2 free soda or beer beverages & your dinner ticket for Friday night. The dinner ticket will be required in order for attendees to enjoy the catered whole hog pig roast. There will be dinner tickets for sale prior to the Friday night affair on a first come basis, so don't misss out.

We are also planning on a Thursday night reception at the official reunion hotel, the LaQuinta. This will be a BYOB & we will order pizza & collect donations. This will be an excellent opportunity to visit with your boat racing friends & make new ones. The stories & memories will be flowing heavily.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Very Good

Glad they are coming in John.
    "Sis"

Post Thanks / Like

Default PayPal Reunion registration payments

Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert T*A*R*T View Post
    When completing the registration form, it is important to follow the instruction as they are written on the instruction sheet. Open the instruction document first, either print it or write down the instructions. Then close that document & open the registration form. After you have type in all your required information, remember to go to edit & click on "Select All". Yor form will be shade in some form. Then holding down the ctrl key on your keynoard click on the e-mail address for brucenshirley. This will open your e-mail system with their e-mail address in your "TO" box. Then go to "Edit" on your tool bar & click on "Paste". The completed form will appear in your e-mail message area. Then click on "send".

Please remember after sending your form to go to your paypal account & send your registration fees to boatracersreunion.com.
    When making payment through PayPal, as I prefer, make payment as "Personal Payment". Paying for services means they will deduct a % for fees.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Reunion registrations

Registrations are coming in extremely slow. If the numbers do not reach expectations especially with vendors, we just might have to cancel the gathering. If you are planning on attending, why wait to register. Remember, there will be tickets to enable you to take advantage of the pig roast & Friday's activities which include the Calcutta.

Let's get going!!!!!!!

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned previously, I might not be able to make it., but my entry will be coming in by mail since I don't know paypal. If I can't make it Joe will bring my shirt back, and I am sure there may be a friend or two that can use my drink tickets, or Joe can buy his cokes with them.

What about the vendors though? I'm not sure what that's about.

And what about this John? I liked the way Ron posted his donations to the silent auction. What about a separate thread for donated auction items?. I have several items myself to donate, and it may help generate more items from other racers around the country. It could be under the DePue mainline heading.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reunion

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    As I mentioned previously, I might not be able to make it., but my entry will be coming in by mail since I don't know paypal. If I can't make it Joe will bring my shirt back, and I am sure there may be a friend or two that can use my drink tickets, or Joe can buy his cokes with them.

What about the vendors though? I'm not sure what that's about.

And what about this John? I liked the way Ron posted his donations to the silent auction. What about a separate thread for donated auction items?. I have several items myself to donate, and it may help generate more items from other racers around the country. It could be under the DePue mainline heading.
    Wayne,

I need the head count so that I can commit a number to the vendors, i.e., shirts, caps, food, beverages.

The silent auction is what Joe offered to handle. A separate post under this thread would work, but I'm not sure how you can start another stand alone thread. I had Sam Cullis start this one & the web master at hydroracer started the one on hydroracer.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay John, I will just do like Ron and post it under this thread. I thought the Reunion section worked like the encyclopedia.

I get the vendor thing now. At first I thought you meant booths like at a trade show, but DUHH...I get it now. I will put together the list of what people are going to donate when we find out, and send it via e mail.

Thread Information