Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Depue Reunion

Post Thanks / Like

just canceled my flight thanks. i am thinking air boats for next year
    David Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

In case things get approved, we'll miss you Dave. We are all standing by for the decision and we are all hopeful for a positive response. DePue needs our economic infusion and the powers that be, knowing that, will do their best to make this a GO.
    Charley Bradley

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I always think positive. So now, I think I will see lots of my good boat racing friends there. The people of DePue are going to get a boat racer's stimulus.

Post Thanks / Like

10. 4 Wayne I like your way of thinking

Craig

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In your line of business Craig, I guess you guys must have to have a positive attitude all during the racing season with all that's at stake. But then, regardless of how the weather turns out, at least your race course will not go away because of weather.. I am looking forward to seeing you at DePue.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been told by someone "in the know", that a decision on the running of the race this year will be made Friday, 7-13 at 5:00PM.

The problem for those that are not local, is the water is VERY low at this time, about 24-36 inches. This precludes the present Insurance Co for APBA as wanting to furnish insurance as they prefer 4-6 feet of water for a race to take place and insurance be in force. There are many considerations to be made regards this, not least the one of trying to satisfy the DePue Mens Club, who has sponsored the race for many years now, and not wanting to leave them or the Village without an event they look forward to every year, provides some income for the residents, and last but not least, provides continued pressure to do something regards cleaning up and dredging the lake again.

BUT, since the world seems to revolve around Insurance Companies and Lawyers, brighter minds than mine are trying their best to make a decision favorable to most and harmful to least.

I, for one, would not mind going to DePue this year for the reunion, sans the boat race. Possibly renew old friendships and provide the Village with at least some reminder we appreciate all they have done for boat racing over the years. There is always another race down the line sometime, but we all won't be around forever, much less another five years!

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked this off the net about lake Depue.
    http://www.bcrnews.com/2012/07/12/no...50fmp4/?page=2

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that I should have stared it on page 1.
    http://www.bcrnews.com/2012/07/12/no...50fmp4/?page=1

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reunion

Just received word that through hard work the people in Depue have come up with a workable plan to back fill Lake Depue with enough water that will allow the nationals to be run as scheduled. This is exciting news as now the reunion can go on as scheduled as well. Whoopee!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

John, thanks for your hard work along with everyone else that helped to make this happen. DePue needs us.............and we need DePue. Wouldn't be the same anywhere else.............
    Charley Bradley

Thread Information