Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Depue Reunion

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reunion

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan1 View Post
    John - I just wanted to say thank you for letting me be a part of the reunion. I had a good time meeting the legends of boat racing and listening to the stories. Also a thank you to you , Lee , Alan , Bill and everybody there for helping the Mens Club and the Village by donating part of the profit from the reunion to the Save the Lake Fund. It was really appreciated. Here looking forward to 5 years from now ? Dale
    Thanks Dale & it was my pleasure to meet you face to face as well. After I got home last night I added up the proceeds & without knowing exactly what the last shirt order will cost, just estimated, there looks like I will be able to send between $400 - $500 more to Steve for the Men's Club, to with with whatever they want, most probably, "Save the Lake". Perhaps they'll make me an honorary life member? LOL & I mean LOL!!

The problem with another 5 year reunion is that I will not chair the 10 months of work that goes in to making an event such as the reunion come together. I've done 2 now, so someone will have to step up. Perhaps you? And I would help you with the process & details.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you John and Dale

The races were in doubt two weeks ago and the people of Depue put forth an unbelieveable effort to make them happen. THANK YOU DEPUE! John Schubert was in the same posture with the reunion, John Schubert's huge effort made the reunion happen. Much last minute organization had to take place. Thank you, City of Depue and John Schubert. John Schubert wanted so badly to use the reunion as a tool to raise funds to help. The Trivia Challenge was a large part of the donation. Dale Hoffert was wonderful with his questions and hosting. The questions Dale Hoffert generated were the buzz for the following days. It was even more of a highlight than the electric shears getting stuck on my head. Everyone, including the winning team (Bill Seebold, Paul Bogosian, Denny Henderson, Wayne Baldwin, Lee Sutter and sorry if I am missing anyone?) were so impressed by Dale Hoffert's questions. Had a great time and thanks to all that helped with the races, lake and reunion. Sorry that Steve De Souza, Joe Rome, Val Collins, Paul Christner and others missed it. A great time! AND I got my picture taken with Amy Nydahl!

Post Thanks / Like

Alan , sent you a pm.

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amid drought, volunteer saves Illinois boat race

http://www.rrstar.com/updates/x15828...nois-boat-race
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Lars. I had heard parts of the story floating around the pits, but not the total picture as the link you provided tells. And thanks much for the trivia rounds Dale. I don't know of anyone I talked to that had ever experienced what you produced, but it sure kept our attention. You did a very good job in putting that together.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you got some pics Wayne!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wayne. I hope everyone enjoyed it. If you got a picture of Bill Seebold with my daughter and I , I would love a copy.

Dale

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I did, but I traveled light. I just brought my digital camera and it is so old (like only a few years) that I cannot find a card reader that works. Joe Rome and I went to a giant electronics store the night before I left and found one 2 GB. I took so many pictures, that I was afraid I would run out, so I went to a big store in Peru and the smallest I could get was 4 GB. Would not work. Not only that, the flash quit working. I guess you can balance the good with the bad. Without flash, my negative film would not work in low light. There is something to work with on the computer though with digital. I quit taking so many pictures Sunday and was able to take all that I wanted. (Well...not exactly....but I didn't run out of space)

The biggest problem I had was switching lenses. With my digital I only have two and they are for pit shots and intermediate. Since I didn't bring my long lens that only is good for my film bearing Nikon's, I decided to concentrate on pit shots. I did a lot, but like a Pavlovian dog, when those high winding, alchohol/castor oil spewing motors started gathering for a start I couldn't help but burn off a lot of digital memory of the actual racing.

I am just now going to put that little piece of plastic into the computer and take a look at what I was able to get. But I can tell you this. Never, ever will I go to a boat race with only just one camera body. Too easy to miss some good stuff switching lenses.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wayne,

Nikon is making fairly inexpensive DSLR bodies that should accept your existing lenses...
    I think my current Nikon has 16 GB of memory (it uses both compact flash and SD) and will shoot 6 fps. If I had been thinking instead of thrashing last weekend I would have loaned it to you in DePue instead of letting it sit in the trailer.

Dave

Here's one for $496 with a VR lens
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d3100.htm

and towards the other end of the spectrum...
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d300s.htm
    Last edited by Dave_E71; 07-31-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: reread earlier posts...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Wayne!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    I did, but I traveled light. I just brought my digital camera and it is so old (like only a few years) that I cannot find a card reader that works. Joe Rome and I went to a giant electronics store the night before I left and found one 2 GB. I took so many pictures, that I was afraid I would run out, so I went to a big store in Peru and the smallest I could get was 4 GB. Would not work. Not only that, the flash quit working. I guess you can balance the good with the bad. Without flash, my negative film would not work in low light. There is something to work with on the computer though with digital. I quit taking so many pictures Sunday and was able to take all that I wanted. (Well...not exactly....but I didn't run out of space)

The biggest problem I had was switching lenses. With my digital I only have two and they are for pit shots and intermediate. Since I didn't bring my long lens that only is good for my film bearing Nikon's, I decided to concentrate on pit shots. I did a lot, but like a Pavlovian dog, when those high winding, alchohol/castor oil spewing motors started gathering for a start I couldn't help but burn off a lot of digital memory of the actual racing.

I am just now going to put that little piece of plastic into the computer and take a look at what I was able to get. But I can tell you this. Never, ever will I go to a boat race with only just one camera body. Too easy to miss some good stuff switching lenses.
    Please send to me your Email address too: Steve77T@aol.com, Thanks Steve

Thread Information