Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Depue Reunion

Allen J. Lang

Want to thank John for all the work he and his crew did to put on the reunion. It made for a SUPER time. Got to see old racing friends and meet many I have corresponded with on the internet. Like I said, it was a SUPER time. I have received several E mails saying lets do it again soon.
    Have to give much credit to the people of DePue for all the work that was needed to raise the lake. Never saw a city or town go to such extremes to make sure a race was held.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay Steve. mort730@gmail.com

I agree Al.John put in a lot of time and effort and it paid off with a heck of a reunion. Hats off to you John. And it seems miraculous that the volunteers were able to pump that much water in so short of a time period. It is nothing less than an act of God though that the Army Corps of Engineers gave approval so quickly.

Some day I will get some more digital equipment Dave. I just wish all the lenses I have for my slrs would work. The biggest problem I have with digital cameras is reading the menus to see what all I can do. I'm waiting for a voice activated menu so I don't have to carry a magnifying glass.

Here are some pictures to start with.

Can you believe the talent of the cake decorators?
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Post Thanks / Like

A few more.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pix Wayne!

BTW: The anguish in June's face is genuine. She really didn't want Charley's hair cut, but she wasn't about to let anyone else cut it.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one for you Gene. I sent this earlier to Paul Christner for his Quincy website. That's BRF member Al Lang with the Quincy T shirt and Gene East taking the picture of it.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dale "Mr. Trivia Hoffert"

Dale, Please check your e-mail. Wayne, do you mean that Gene is not taking a picture of Dan Kirts? Thank you so much for the picture. This is a classic taken by Wayne Baldwin!
    Dale, can we count you in for the same at the next reunion?
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

I had never heard of the type of trivia contest before, and Dale did an excellent job of putting it together. It is Dale's daughter to his right that did the scoring, and she was fast. I do not remember her name, but a big thanks to both for the contest.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dale "Mr. Trivia Hoffert"

Wayne, This was accomplished exclusively by Dale. Not only was it great fun, it also was a great fundraiser that allowed John Schubert to make a generous donation to the Men's club. I was so excited to receive this picture that I could not resist posting it myself. Sorry if I jumped the gun on your proposed postings? It was not the first time and certainly will not be the last that I am impulsive. Thank you Wayne for the great pic's. I bought a brand new digital camera intending to take pictures at the reunion and dropped it in the water after taking only one. Guess taking pictures is not in my genes? Thanks drivers for the great show. Thanks everyone for your friendship. I bought a picture that Wayne took of my friend Erik and his Grandpa. I called him after not seeing him for about 10 years to tell him about it. He said that it was funny, after not seeing each other for so long, it seemed like last week when we spoke. That was the same atmosphere at the reunion. Seemed like we had all seen each other a week ago. Boat racing is great!
    a

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't jump the gun Alan. I was glad you posted it. I wish I knew how to fish a pic from an E mail and send it along with my message.

I am thankful however that you did not ask to borrow my camera.

Remember when you took the picture of the winning team from Dale's trivia and I told you that it didn't take? You took two more, but alas....your focus was a little off. In spite of that....I enjoyed every minute..

This is a pic of our winning trivia team with our competitor from the other team Dan Kirts included.

ADD: Alan was just handed the camera to take the pic and didn't have a clue. He asked "Which button". I told him, but I knew it didn't work and he must have taken the first of the next two pics when I was explaining how to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geodavid View Post
    Dale, Please check your e-mail. Wayne, do you mean that Gene is not taking a picture of Dan Kirts? Thank you so much for the picture. This is a classic taken by Wayne Baldwin!
    Dale, can we count you in for the same at the next reunion?
    Alan
    Sometimes you get lucky and get 2 for the price of 1.

Of course no one could ever have enough shots of Dan!

Thread Information