Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Back BRF!!!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Back BRF!!!!!

Ron:

Very happy to see that you have overcome the problems and that BRF is back.

For numerous reasons I think it would be a great thing if any that can could make a donation to BRF at this time. I am sure you incurred expense in getting it back up, and even if that is not the case, because of all the information contained on this site about our history, it needs to be backed up in some way to assure continuity. This is probably the place where more of our history and pictures reside than anywhere else including any sanctioning organization, and based on personal experience, that is not easy to access.

Please let us know how we may help to indicate our appreciation for what you have done for all the Boat Racing community.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back :-)
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default I agree, welcome back

Thanks for getting BRF back up . Let me [ us ] know how much it will take to keep it here, not rich but I got a few bucks I could send. BRF is the closest I get to boattracing anymore and I miss it. My highlight of the month is Marlees articles , much better then powerboat ever was after Bob Norskog left it. He was a boat racer.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You got that right Bill Van. In the last almost seven years, BRF has been a magnet of boat racing history. Unbelievable photos, stories, articles and comments have come in from all around the world. And underlaying the spectacular photos, the stories of national champions, and the histories of motor builders, boat builders, and the people who ran the show, are all of us in the pits. BRF is chock full of Polaroid photos, photos from the family drug store, and most importantly, the stories behind them. Danny Pigott and George Taylor's stories are an example. They were boat racers. But along the way, they took some pictures, or someone in their family or maybe a pit crew member did. They loved what they did to save their memories. Many BRF memebers came here because of all this history.

BRF also had numerous drivers racing abroad which lead to articles and stories of racing around the world. Because of that Boatracingfacts probably is the greatest source ever of boat racing history. Lars Stroms history is one of the most followed threads along with the history of Dieter Konig who has ties with the U.S. and Europe. We have also had race info from South America, and the Rio Balsas in Mexico, not to mention all the stuff from Australia, and New Zeland.

I agree will Bill Van that we need to support Boatracingfacts and do what we can to help BRF preserve boat racing history.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes

Yes, now this is great. Hello to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brf

It was very unreal what happened. Reese Hosting totally surprised us when they turned off not only this website but also their website, their email address, all their servers, and their telephone. We thought the boatracingfacts.com site was lost forever. Luckily we were able to run a trace route and tracked the IP address, not back to the public address of Reese Hosting in Paso Robles in Calif., but to Michigan. Apparently Reese was using a third party hosting provider for their infrastructure. We then figured out that liquid web was located in the area and confirmed that Reese was a customer. We concluded that the site must on a disk in that data center. Safe Harbor rules prohibited liquid web from giving us access to the Reese Hosting machines, so we were not yet sure if we would be able to get to the site. After some brainracking... we used our root directory user access to get at the old shared server. We were able to grab a full copy of the site and all that data. The next issue was to restore the site on a new server with the new hosting company. Big problem was that the domain name was still pointing to the old defunct host and the old host still controlled the domain controller. Enom.com would not give us access until we proved the old host was non responsive. Long story short, we gained control of the domain today and probated the changes...And here we are live once again! I have to say liquidweb.com was a big help. This hosting company went above and beyond any other hosting company...pulling a few all nighters with me to restore the site.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile A good birthday gift

This is a nice gift on my birthday thank's.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great detective work Mike!

Thanks for all that hard work
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Very Glad Boatracingfacts is back!!!!!!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Sure glad you're back!

I was about to go stir-crazy just playing solitare and hearts on this machine.

All joking aside, I look forward to checking on all my buddies on BFR several times a day.

A big "THANK YOU" to all who busted their butts to get the best boat racing website in the world back on line!

Thread Information