Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mary (Hubbell) Goldie - RIP

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mary (Hubbell) Goldie - RIP

For those of us (like me) who missed this sad news . . . .
    Our friend, Mary (Hubbell) Goldie - daughter of Pep, passed away suddenly almost three years ago at the very young age of 67 at her home in San Gabriel, CA

Birth: Apr. 11, 1941
    Death: Feb. 21, 2009
    San Gabriel
    Los Angeles County
    California, USA

D/O Randolph Hubbell and Bettie (Ore) Hubbell
    W/O Richard D. Goldie; m. 29 Oct 1967, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, USA; div. Nov 1975, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    M/O Michael Goldie

Last Residence: San Gabriel, Los Angeles County, California 91775, USA [SSDI]

Died unexpectedly of a stroke.

Service: 10am Saturday, April 25, 2009 in the sanctuary of Neighborhood Unitarian Universalist Church, 301 N. Orange Grove Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91103; 626-449-3470; www.uuneighborhood.org .

Obituary, Pasadena (CA) Star-News, 25 Feb 2009:

Mary (Hubbell) Goldie, passed away suddenly at her home in San Gabriel on February 21, 2009. Born April 11, 1941 to Randolph Hubbell and Bettie (Ore) Hubbell. Mary retired from Pasadena Police Department in 1992 but remained active in law enforcement and other community services until her death. She is survived by 1 son Michael Goldie and 2 grandchildren, Garrett Jackson and Jessica Marshall. Other survivors are 1 sister Joan Suess, Nieces & Nephews: Catherine Low, Richard Suess, Jr., Carolyn Suess & Randolph Suess (Erin). Memorial arrangements are pending. Pierce Brothers Turner & Stevens Mortuary Assisting the family (626) 287-0595

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks For Posting This!!!

I had not seen "Pinky" for more than 40 years, but we ran into each other at Parker, either the spring of 2008 or the fall. We talked about her dad, "Pep" and my dad. She was living in Parker and we talked about getting together and maybe posting some family pictures.

I think, it was just Thanksgiving the my brother said, "Doesn't PEP's daughter live around here somewhere. (We were in the Keys at Parker at the time). I said, "Yea, I'll look her up on BRF when I get home."

My brother work for Pep before he went in the Army. My dad and Pep spent many an hour fooling with racing motor parts.

Sorry to hear of "Pinky's" passing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad news.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My first car was purchased for 300.00 from Bettie, Pinky's mom. An immaculate condition 63 Buick Special. An honest to goodness "only driven to church on Sunday's" car. Of course very well maintained by Pep.

I scrounged many exhaust megaphones from Pep for my mini bikes and spent untold hours making a pest of myself in his shop - always trying to get a ride in his 53 Corvette and dropping stuff in the dyno well.

Fond memories of some really nice folks. Honor to know that family.

Post Thanks / Like

Default "M' Hydro National Champion, Marry Hubbell in Sports illustrated

Last edited by Ron Hill; 04-20-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Thread Information