Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Here we go again. sst 120 v sst 200

Post Thanks / Like

Default New engines!

It was done with the dirt bikes so what makes us think were special!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sst 120 v sst 200

so here is the ? to all 120 drivers. are you going to show up & race at a sst 200 santioned event? or are you just going to race at 120 sanction events? i had trenton on my race calender for 2012 but I do not what all races to go sst 200. i will be at a disavantage & as rodney said to get a sponsor you must win ! On the other hand i dont want the opti guys out in the cold. or tell me what would you do if you were me?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dave,

My best advice is to call the conducting organization for each of the events you plan to attend and ask them what there plan is and if anything could trigger a change.

Good luck in 2012,
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave hensel View Post
    so here is the ? to all 120 drivers. are you going to show up & race at a sst 200 santioned event? or are you just going to race at 120 sanction events? i had trenton on my race calender for 2012 but I do not what all races to go sst 200. i will be at a disavantage & as rodney said to get a sponsor you must win ! On the other hand i dont want the opti guys out in the cold. or tell me what would you do if you were me?
    I intend to attend mostly the same races I always have, regardless of what they call the class. That means APR for sure, and likely Trenton. I would probably run both SST-120 & SST-200 at Kankakee if possible. That could change if I break something. I will try to do the best I can with the equipment I have.

Look at the 2011 year in review:
    Trenton - Fairchild (OPTI), Rinker (120), Jakob (120)
    Elgin - Jakob (120), Rinker (120), McDowell (120)
    Pittsburgh - Rinker (120), DiNicolantonio (120), Reno (120)
    Marietta - Rinker (120), Jakob (120), Floyd (120)
    Huntington - Rinker (120), Jakob (120), Proffitt (OPTI)
    Aurora - Rinker (120), DiNicolantonio (120), Lick (OPTI)
    Kankakee - Rinker (120), Lick (OPTI), Merleau (OPTI)
    Bay City - Shep (OPTI), RENO (120), Orchard (OPTI)

As you can see, it has a lot to do with who shows up and who doesn't. We didn't have as many of the Optis show up this year due to various reasons. It's as simple as 'If YOU don't show up to a race, YOU can't win the race.'

Obviously, both Rinker and I have put forth some effort to run well. It's not magic, and it's not really money. I don't think Rinker spent a ton on 120 equipment, and I sure don't have any money. I think we're trying to beat each other more than the Optis, but the result is that we're both fast on a consistent basis. I broke more stuff this year than I wanted to but that's how it goes sometimes, and I learned a lot in the process. I would hope that at least some of the other 120 drivers will accept the challenge to step up and run well versus just giving up and laying down. I'm guessing that Dillard will be right there with us in time because I'm sure they are putting forth maximum effort. They may be on the podium at the first race or it may take until Nationals, but I'm sure they will get there because they are determined to get there.

I really, truly, don't want to get down on anyone because I know that everyone has their individual circumstances, but if the 120 drivers as a group worked just a little harder.... The Optis would always be trying to catch us and kick us out of their class. Fact.

Dave, call me sometime.

Mark

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 120 v 200

mark point taken. lets race! ill call see ya.

Thread Information