Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Allison 13r /60 Etec

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Allison 13r

I brought my new T750 boat home from FL to Canada. The boat was built by Larry Register in Marianna FL. This boat will be rigged with a 2011 60 Etec. I have purchased a Hoss style 27 pitch prop from Ron Hill to test. Should be interesting!

Last edited by WalkWithMax; 01-03-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures...

Got any pictures to post???

Post Thanks / Like

Default pics...

I figured out the problem with posting pics... see above.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WalkWithMax View Post
    I brought my new T750 boat home from FL to Canada. The boat was built by Larry Register in Marianna FL. This boat will be rigged with a 2011 60 Etec. I have purchased a Hoss style 27 pitch prop from Ron Hill to test. Should be interesting!

great looking boat, good luck, if you need help, call me..
    out front again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool!

Thanks! I'll be in touch with you quite a bit between now and spring!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought these boats weren't being made anymore? is there a website to read more about them? whats the price tag?

Dam fine looking boat by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 13 allisons

Quote Originally Posted by chris3298 View Post
    I thought these boats weren't being made anymore? is there a website to read more about them? whats the price tag?

Dam fine looking boat by the way.
    A man by the name of Larry Register builds them. He doesn't have a computer, so no website! The boats are fully composite and weigh around 250lbs. They cost $2500US, but the price may be going up soon! He can be reached at 850 482-3588. Tell him you were talking to Dave from Canada!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats really not a bad price 2500, not bad at all, hell my fishing/want to go faster boat I just bought paid like $3163 US so yeah that isn't bad at all. If I knew about this one at the time I was buying mine I may have given it more thought.

I had a bad experience with buying a new Carolina Skiff fiberglass fishing boat and had major porpoising issues with it so bad that I had to sell it and bought my aluminum boat which I'm super happy with.

I gotta ask, can you put a straight edge under your hull and is it truly straight to the point you see NO DAY LIGHT through the other side of the straight edge? This would probably be the only way I'd buy another fiberglass boat. That fiberglass fishing boat sure was a learning experience and a some what costly one at that.

Thanks and get more pictures up when you put the motor on it.

Chris

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you started rigging yet. We are anxious about updates. I too am talking to larry regarding a new boat.I am building a 15" 75 stinger with a nitro case a modern trim/tilt unit.

2010 SRG 3 CYL CHAMPION 88workcar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris3298 View Post
    Thats really not a bad price 2500, not bad at all, hell my fishing/want to go faster boat I just bought paid like $3163 US so yeah that isn't bad at all. If I knew about this one at the time I was buying mine I may have given it more thought.

I had a bad experience with buying a new Carolina Skiff fiberglass fishing boat and had major porpoising issues with it so bad that I had to sell it and bought my aluminum boat which I'm super happy with.

I gotta ask, can you put a straight edge under your hull and is it truly straight to the point you see NO DAY LIGHT through the other side of the straight edge? This would probably be the only way I'd buy another fiberglass boat. That fiberglass fishing boat sure was a learning experience and a some what costly one at that.

Thanks and get more pictures up when you put the motor on it.

Chris
    Chris, this asking alot. Many race hulls from top of the line companies will not be perfect. That is what make some faster than others, a blueprinted bottom. And most time it is offered at the manufacturer. I have seen brand new never rigged hulls with sanded bottoms. Also there is no compairison between a carolins skiff and a race hull.
    Helping folks out around the globe.

Thread Information