Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dennis Sattler: 319 Mile Stock-Colusa Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dennis Sattler: 319 Mile Stock-Colusa Marathon

Ron;

Thanks for all your efforts promoting boat racing. If I ever find time to write up a couple of pages on racing in the 319 mile Stockton-Colusa Marathon I will copy it to this forum. We raced in B Class in 1959 and 1960. Lots of fun! (Winning it made it even more fun in 1960...) I bought used J and A class boats for our boys when they were growing up. This became our family sport when the kids were in high school. Joined the Experimental Aircraft Association because they had the latest info on composite structures. We started building our own boats, rebuilding engines, etc. Lots of things to do kept the boys out of trouble. They turned out pretty good... Both married, with kids, and a love for water sports and boats!

Best Regards,

Dennis Sattler
    Lodi CA

I never raced it, only heard about it. I know Don Quinleven won it is DU one year, my dad built his Mark 40. He ran a 14 foot DeSilva.

Please take the time and write about this race.

bill boyes

Yes Don was a TWA pilot. Dad bought me that 14 foot De Silva because I blew the BU over backwards at Carlsbad. have a picture of it with a Hubble KG-9 at Hart Park someplace. Dad felt that i would be better off in DU at 14 years old.
    the marathon in those days was Stockton to Redding over 300 miles

Thread Information