Very well said..........!

I will make time to do my part on BRF......

I started Boat racing at the age of 35. At 6-4 240 lbs I had to jump right to the Big Boys "D" Stock and "D" Mod-Hydro, Bill Boyes and I built my first boat. Wayne Seeberg helped me build my first engine. Funny story I met Wayne when I was 17 and still in high school. My dad had an original KG4H he used like 2 summers while he was in high school. I found it in the corner of our garage all wrapped up on a wooden stand my dad had built when he was in high school. I went looking for a prop and ended up at Johnson Propeller Company in Oakland, Ca. When I told the guy what I had and needed a prop he laughed and said we don't deal with that stuff anymore call Wayne Seeberg. So, I ended up playing around with the KG4H on an old runabout my dad had. Then went off to college on a football scholarship. When I returned home got married had a couple kids and when I was coming home from Disneyland with my family on our way back to Northern California I kept passing race boats on trailers and said to myself I need to do this before I get to old. Found out where people were racing stock and mod outboards went to a race in Oroville, Ca. and there was Wayne Seeberg, I had not seen him since like early 80's then in 1997 I was hot to get a boat and start racing. .......The first time I got in the cockpit squeezed the throttle and looked down at the GPS and saw My Mercury 44xs was travel 80+ mph I almost S___! my pants. Was the something I will never forget.

Now 49 I take the old boat and motor out of the garage couple times a year and take my 80+ mph boat ride........

John Brunet
Rocklin, CA

Thanks for the e-mail, John. Wayne is a true gentleman. Chad Hill's first boat was Wayne's AU. We bought it from Charles. Job. Last time I saw Wayne was at Chowchilla, he was displaying some of his Antique Outboards.