Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Fales video 1970 APBA Nationals

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a mix of home videos, actually put together for family. So yes, not all of the video is taken @ Depue. I believe the beginning of the video is Alexandria, LA but I may be wrong. It was the end of the video that was put up, where my dad won the Nationals that was the point of my post.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve - If I worded my post poorly I am sorry. I was just interested in where the video was shot at. No harm intended.

Allen J. Lang

It was a great video for me. Seeing old friends from our EORC on LI, some who have passed on. Many thanks.
    I believe the both Bill and Jim Gohery were among the last ones to run the OMC 4 cyl Fs.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bill Fales

In 1970 when I was young I had the experience to meet Bill Fales. Skip Pezzold gave us a ride to Bill Fales' house in Northport, Long Island, New York in his 1970 Torino station wagon which he drove at 100 MPH down the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway. Those were the days!!! Skip Pezzold sold my friend Bill Fales' old 14' De Silva N77 which we ran with a V4 Evinrude with a Walter Petersen 20% overdrive. It was fast and we were young! We used to put the boat on a wheel barrel and launch it into Merrick Bay. I liked going to boat races and watch the likes of Bill Fales, Butch Langdon and Fred De George run 20H on his old knees. Butch Langdon ran a 14' De Silva with a V4 Evinrude named "Nonsense."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information