Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Racing exhaust for laker 49 OMC

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Racing exhaust for laker 49 OMC

For lakers and river runners: Finally, a bolt-on high performance exhaust system for your 49.9 OMC loop triple. This new design replaces the long runner “sandwich plate” type, and features short, Mod-50 style interconnects to enable high RPM use. Designed for the factory powerhead adapter without modifications. It’s water cooled and will fit underneath the existing cowl. Images are the casting pattern mockup. Finished system will have provision for the starter solenoid

The kit will include all parts, fasteners, and gaskets. Taking orders now for spring 2012 kit. Please PM if interested. Thanks,

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 08-09-2022 at 08:20 PM.
    Likes hydrospeed77 liked this post

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

, i needs one.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Post Thanks / Like

Are the production ones going to made out of treated lumber? I think that in the wet conditions that would be a better choice for the duration.
    Helping folks out around the globe.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 88workcar View Post
    Are the production ones going to made out of treated lumber? I think that in the wet conditions that would be a better choice for the duration.
    HA! I doubt it, that chip board is there for a reason. When it gets wet, it expands, that's why they call it an EXPANSION chamber!

Post Thanks / Like

Default pipe adaption to NYDHAL LOG

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
    For lakers and river runners: Finally, a bolt-on high performance exhaust system for your 49.9 OMC loop triple. This new design replaces the long runner “sandwich plate” type, and features short, Mod-50 style interconnects to enable high RPM use. Designed for the factory powerhead adapter without modifications. It’s water cooled and will fit underneath the existing cowl. Images are the casting pattern mockup. Finished system will have provision for the starter solenoid

The kit will include all parts, fasteners, and gaskets. Taking orders now for spring 2012 kit. Please PM if interested. Thanks,

Tim
    am interested in adapting bolt on chamber for hydro racing and
    adapting under base plate for out the side of 15" mid " smackdown racing "
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ANTHONY McCULLOCH
    modifiedoutboard@hotmail.com

Some things never change!

They Want it cheap..............

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What will the insides look like?

Jeff

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Jeff...also, What performance gains have you calculated or better yet, actuals?

Thanks, George

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Will this fit under the cowl and inside the lower pan or would they need to be modified?
    Looks similar to what Nydahl created decades ago

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nydahl system?

Thanks for writing. This is the first time I've heard of the Nydahl system you mention - have never seen one to be sure! If anybody has one of these, images, or performance experience please contact me.

The only reason I patterned this was at the request of river racer friends frustrated with the RPM limitations of the factory system. The plan is to make it a bolt-on mod that will fit under the cowl and offer Mod-50 style short interconnects. I've got facrory Mod-50 systems to emulate.

Anyway, if five racers commit on/before Feb 15, the project will be developed in time for spring 2012 deliveries. Estimated kit price is $450 plus shipping.

Thanks to all of you that have PM'd. Please be patient, I'll be in touch with you soon.

Tim

Thread Information