Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Racing exhaust for laker 49 OMC

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Laker exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by dart View Post
    g,day mate,oh thats a shame r.e your exhaust project!!
    so with your exhaust project idea,would that allow a two stroke expansion pipe to be succesfully fitted and work and run nicely ??
    i really want to fit a jet ski pipe from www.factorypipe.com
    you can see my new thread on here r.e expansion pipes,http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...engine-possble
    can you please email me more info/price r.e your exhaust kit??
    my email is toprank_mt_racing@hotmail.com
    hope to hear from you soon tim
    thanks mate
    glen
    Hi Glen,

You can most certainly attach an expansion chamber to the Mod-50 style exhaust system (contact Anthony McCulloch elsewhere on this site). Whether it works or not is another question.

The modified Nydahl system patterened will sell for $495 USD + shipping but will not bolt to your Tohatsu - It's for the OMC 49.9 loop triple only.

To be honest, the Tohatsu triple has a near copy of the OMC Mod-50 pulse tuned exhaust system already. You'll go through alot of effort and expense to improve upon it without significant weight gain.

If you want more than incremental gains, you should consider N2O or a turbo Good luck!

Tim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which 3 cyl Tohatsu are you referring to?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    Which 3 cyl Tohatsu are you referring to?
    the engine i have and are talking about is the 40/50 hp late model mercury (tohatsu) 3 cylinder/3 carb short shaft japenese spec.
    cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Are these exhaust systems still available ? Do anyone know if they can be purchased somewhere?

New or used not a big deal for me, if you want to sell your used send me a PM

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
    Good news: On the subject of engine technology - I'm all about it! A thread dedicated to advances in 2 & 4 stroke technology would be great!

Bad news: Regarding the modified Nydahl "laker" exhaust, no deposits were received, so I'm scrapping the project except for my own engines. If I get bored next winter, a few may be built and offered.

For now, it's back to the shop where six customer towers, six exhaust systems, a NBRA 49.9 and 49.9 OMC turbo are in construction.

Enjoy your 2012 season!

Tim
    Tim
    Are you still considering this project as I would be interested in purchasing 2 of your racing exhausts for the 49.9 ci OMC? I am in Australia so final $ price would need to include shipping. I await your reply.
    Regards
    Stephen

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMC 49.9 exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Steves Jem View Post
    Tim
    Are you still considering this project as I would be interested in purchasing 2 of your racing exhausts for the 49.9 ci OMC? I am in Australia so final $ price would need to include shipping. I await your reply.
    Regards
    Stephen
    Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your inquiry. There's a potential customer for the prototype, making a decision Saturday. If his purchase falls through, you can purchase it and make copies in Aussie. Est cost delivered is $625 USD (not including tax/tariff if any). I'll respond with an update next week.

Tim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, someones going 1250 racing...again?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
    Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your inquiry. There's a potential customer for the prototype, making a decision Saturday. If his purchase falls through, you can purchase it and make copies in Aussie. Est cost delivered is $625 USD (not including tax/tariff if any). I'll respond with an update next week.

Tim
    Tim.
    Did your sale eventuate as if it did not I am still interested in purchasing your exhaust system?

Stephen Medaris

Post Thanks / Like

Tim I'm looking forward to seeing the exhaust and parts. By the way long time reader first time poster!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMC 49.9 exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Mumat View Post
    Tim I'm looking forward to seeing the exhaust and parts. By the way long time reader first time poster!
    Hello Mumat, A check has been sent for the prototype. Once received it's gone, no more will be produced. Apologies, but there's just not enough market to justify the expense for patterns. If you know a good CNC mill guy, just take the photos and he can make them from scratch. Good luck!

Tim

Thread Information