Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Racing exhaust for laker 49 OMC

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim. Sorry to see that your project has not been supported but good to see that some has purchased you patterns. I have down loaded your pictures and will commence trying to duplicate your design. There maybe quite a few in Aus interested but it will take some time to produce.

Stephen

Post Thanks / Like

I received my exhaust from Tim. I i got my block back from my machinest and finaly got all my parts and some free time. I have it put tog geater as a long block Attachment 58653 as soon as I get it running I'll post up more picks

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 59780
    Just a quick update its ready to fire. I'm working on the hood and some paint not my strong suite but I get buy. I'm better at building than painting.

Post Thanks / Like

update I have fired up the motor and its braking in It has a great deep exhaust note one you would not expect from a 75 hp jhonson. Tim Kurcz ported the block for me and gave some great advice thanks Tim!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Images of 49 with exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by Mumat View Post
    update I have fired up the motor and its braking in It has a great deep exhaust note one you would not expect from a 75 hp jhonson. Tim Kurcz ported the block for me and gave some great advice thanks Tim!
    Hi Brad,

How about posting some images?

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Good read, and great work. I use to play with jetskis and the power pipe was always one of the best power improvements you could do to the 2 stroke. I have been thinking if it's possible to squeeze in an expansion chamber power pipe down the leg. I'm guessing not as the pulses would not be able to be tuned due to the lack of circumference inside the leg. If it could be done cooling could be changed to feed water into the pipe. The tohatsu M50D exhaust tube actually has an opposite type of pipe with the narrow section in the middle and cones out at both ends. Different diameters and lenghts have not seen a gain over this factory M50 D1 design and is sort after for people running the D2 due to availabilit, the D1 no longer in production. The sound would be nice too.
    The race never stops

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMC racing exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Steves Jem View Post
    Tim
    Are you still considering this project as I would be interested in purchasing 2 of your racing exhausts for the 49.9 ci OMC? I am in Australia so final $ price would need to include shipping. I await your reply.
    Regards
    Stephen
    Hi Stephen,

Are you talking about my top-outlet open meg system? If so, each system is $595 USD shipping would be about $150, so you're in for about $1350 USD. This includes the exhaust system, fasteners, and gasket ready for assembly.

Tim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
    Hi Stephen,

Are you talking about my top-outlet open meg system? If so, each system is $595 USD shipping would be about $150, so you're in for about $1350 USD. This includes the exhaust system, fasteners, and gasket ready for assembly.

Tim
    Tim

No it is not the top-outlet open meg system as these would be too noisy for Australia. The exhaust system that would have suited was the one that you sold to Mumat but I will keep the open one you have in mind.

Stephen

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 49.9 laker exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Steves Jem View Post
    Tim

No it is not the top-outlet open meg system as these would be too noisy for Australia. The exhaust system that would have suited was the one that you sold to Mumat but I will keep the open one you have in mind.

Stephen
    Sorry Stephen,

The system that Mumat has is a one off prototype, and my only pattern. There weren't enough Lakers willing to invest in the tooling, so I discontinued the project.

As it turns out, the belly pan and upper cowl both needed modification to fit the exhaust system - more work than most people want to do, or are capable of. In this case the proto went to the right guy. Hopefully he will post some pics.

Tim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I gather it would of fit perfectly under an SST60 pan and cowl.

Thread Information