Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Racing exhaust for laker 49 OMC

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry for making the pictures so big.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hustler available???

The Nydahl was made to emulate Mod50 exhaust duct cross section and bolt to the factory "stock" block. It will be interesting to compare cross sectional area of the Hustler in your possession with the Nydahl. Please measure the width & depth and post. I will do the same tomorrow (traveling). Thanks for posting.

Question for the forum: Is the Hustler still available?

Tim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Are thes the measurements you want? My exhaust will bolt to a factory block? I don't think you can get them any more. I tried to find some info by searching the web but I didnt find much. I could be wrong though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hustler

They are still available the last I knew. Just call Tim Snider. They also make exhaust for other engines. They have been doing this for as long as I can remember. In fact I have a Hustler Racing sticker in my shop from the 70's.

I know of a couple other builders of this Mod 50 copy as well. There are also many home built models floating around too. I have had great sucuess in simply modifying a stock exhaust. It comes real close to the Mod 50 and the only tools I used was a grinder and dremmel. I guess it all depends on what you want to spend and what you want. There are still ways to make a fast engine without a lot of fancy add on's or specialty custom built compoents.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Post some images

Hey Dave,

Why don't you post images of your modified factory exhaust system so we can see exactly what you do? If there's a cheaper way to emulate a Mod-50 exhaust, your tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by tunnelvision07 View Post
    Are thes the measurements you want? My exhaust will bolt to a factory block? I don't think you can get them any more. I tried to find some info by searching the web but I didnt find much. I could be wrong though.
    Thanks for taking time to measure and post. Apologies for the delay, I'll do the same tomorrow.

Tim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nydahl duct dimensions

Here they are...... Larger cross-sectional area than the Hustler.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

the factory went out of there way to use the mod 50 exhaust, it has volume above the exhaust ports, seein more volume, or close to the same amount, as a good thing.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wintech Marine

This guy bought Nydahl parts and is reproducing a lot of stuff Its called ProFast now.. I would bet he has the core boxes for this exhaust .. I have bought some hard to find hardware from him. And it says on his website he has the exclusive rights to the Nydahl parts.. http://www.wintechenginemachine.com/profast.htm

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish you would make one for a yamaha 3 cylinder 25/30.

Would sell like hot cakes down here in duck huntin areas where those motors are more important that your drivers license.

Thread Information