Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 30 hp mercury twin single carb

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 30 hp mercury twin single carb

My motor is a 2003 30/40hp twin cylinder, single carb mercury seapro . The motor already has the 40hp carb put on it! From what people are telling me, my motor is the same as the 40/50/60 triples except it has one cylinder chopped off. 640cc instead of 960cc! I've been told to buy the triple 60hp carbs, reed block and intake, and then modify it so it will fit my motor. Kinda looks easy enough. I would think that it would make me more powerful but then i got thinking. The 40hp carb i have now produces 20hp per cylinder and the 60hp triple carbs produce 20hp per cylinder. So would the mod actually give me anything more?? I think yes cause more air is getting in but what do you think?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i would suggest the work would not be worth it
    twin carbs can be hard to tune and you may not be running the rpm to make them useful
    if you are running greater rpm than stock then certainly they may boost your performance up high

but generally there are much greater gains to be done from porting and compression than from adding an extra carb

Thread Information