Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: over water exhaust?

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

i did sell two, 2cyl 40 set ups over the years, they came back for repower not long after, seems two cyls was just not enuff. thats just two cents.

seems there is two 75hp up for grabs at a honest price, sell the vro on ebay, 350,they go 500+ new, just an idea.

if you needs help with your set up, just ask

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks fast fred!! getting 46mph at the moment, and waiting for a stainless ballistic prop to come more power would be nice but i'm not working right now so i'll have to make do with what i've got! i do agree that there isnt quite enough with the 40 i have a 55 mariner twin sourced for small money, trouble is its a long shaft and not compatable with my lower unit. that hull looks nice what make is it?

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

, thanks, she was made in S.A., the craftsmen from there are top notch when it comes to toobs. the make, well best to just say you can't buy it any more. she is custom, plus all my little trick stuff.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well whatever it is it looks fast!! what's the evinrude on the back of her? sure looks big....

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

it's a 19-s FT copy on the back, fancy Stinger75. she is 50cubes, took a long time to shake a bad set of reed blocks out of her. but gots passed it, on my own. i thinkin She is the fastest ever, was lookin for a kilo to get that done, but lookin like a place called Mullet lake, on the return, lite on fuel see if i can keep it on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by serious3 View Post
    following on from my modding a 40 twin, i would like to hear my motor scream so i was thinking about modding the lower leg to make it an over water exhaust, would there be any reasons not to?
    Testing is best, most engines will loose bottom end power and gain a few rpm. My 3 cyl lost bottom and gained no rpm, the noise was too much for a long ride also. I found 5 complete powerheads for your engine. Big carbs and pistons on that one.
    Helping folks out around the globe.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 88workcar View Post
    Testing is best, most engines will loose bottom end power and gain a few rpm. My 3 cyl lost bottom and gained no rpm, the noise was too much for a long ride also. I found 5 complete powerheads for your engine. Big carbs and pistons on that one.
    did a long trip today and glad i didnt do the mod after all, how the heck do you "find" 5 complete 2cyl,40hp yamaha powerheads? oh and what do you mean by big carbs and pistons? me being a bit dumb an all that!!

Post Thanks / Like

That motor has big ol carbs and big ol pistons compaired to a 3cyl 40. Carbs are big as a 90.
    Helping folks out around the globe.

Thread Information