Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: the ones that get away........

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy the ones that get away........

Having recently (last week) sold my Allison R14 I immediately began my search for something my son can ride in with me. Oh, and go really fast too! My budget is "shoestring" at the most so it will be a challenge. Anyhow yesterday I came across an ad on Craigslist and searched to find 3 total ads by the same guy for the following;

(first ad from Jan 27)
    1977 mercury black maxx 175 and 1988 150hp black for sale
    Ive got a good 1977 175 hp blackmaxx that runs good and a 1988 150hp blackmaxx for parts (use the power trim on the 77 so u dont have to have the external trim pump. The 175 is ready to put on a boat. Make reasonable offer on them . Also have 2 hydrostream boats for sale too.

(second ad from Jan 29)
    20' hydrostream vulture and 16' hydrostream varmint for sale or trade?!?
    Ive got two hyrdostream boats for sale. One is a varmint and the other is a vulture. Good solid boats. Make reasonable offer.

See attached pics

(third ad from Feb 1)
    2 hydrostream boats, a running 1977 175hp mercury black maxx and a 1988 150hp mercury black maxx for parts all for - $1200
    I'll sell both hydrostream boats with trailers, a 175hp blackmax that runs and a 150 xr4 blackmax for parts, have titles for everything! Asking $1200 for everything!

Not being in the market to purchase a boat on Feb 1, I had no idea these ads were there. I couldn't help but get a little excited at the thought of getting these two boats and trailers and motors for $1200. I rushed an e-mail response to the Feb 1 ad but didn't get a response before leaving work. When I got home I called the guy only to find the whole enchilda had sold already for $900.

Sometimes ya win ....... sometimes they get away.

Tell us all your "one that got away" story so I don't feel so alone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

LOL My life story Dave, Darn
    Helping folks out around the globe.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve allways said "If you see an add and want to make the purchase then send a deposit even if the sellar says it isn`t needed". You at least tried by sending an e-mail. Maybe next time.

DB

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

checkout Ron Pratt's Hydrostream [Alaskastreamin] on Scream&Fly .com,truly a bargain and worth more than what he's asking!

Thread Information