Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SST 45 Guys Where's the Love?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SST 45 Guys Where's the Love?

I see you guys mention the small and large 100 blocks all the time when referencing the power heads. None of you will share with me your classes tribal knowledge on this topic. What is the difference, what is better, why is it preferred, how do I know what I have?

Break you code of silence and share your knowledge with this outsider. I am sitting at my computer wallowing in my own ignorance and it's killing me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 326100

I wrote a long reply yesterday and my computer went off line. i'll try again. the casting number is on top of block right in front of the head..The small nos. are app. 3/16 inch high and the big are app 3/8 inch, big difference. both blocks are good but the big is scarcer and preferred because it sometimes has bigger boost port. any other questions, my email is boat 990@aol.com. The 45 bunch are a very friendly "family" but may not have seen your post yesterday.
    It don't get no better than this.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Pop

I have an 85 60 hp I'll have to try to figure out what I have. I don't really remember the numbers being that tall so I probably have the small block. It's down at a guy in town's shop but I'll get over this week to check. Were the big blocks specific to any year's or hp?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Modify it

Quote Originally Posted by rekcuftar View Post
    I have an 85 60 hp I'll have to try to figure out what I have. I don't really remember the numbers being that tall so I probably have the small block. It's down at a guy in town's shop but I'll get over this week to check. Were the big blocks specific to any year's or hp?
    If your going to rebuild it Port it , their all the same after that.
    remove sleeves and port it and then you got a race motor.
    ANTHONY McCULLOCH
    modifiedoutboard@hotmail.com

Some things never change!

They Want it cheap..............

Thread Information