Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SST60 Propellers

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SST60 Propellers

Gday.I am currently running a Modified SST60 rig in our F3 class Australia.Most the boats run the 31M motor.I place midfield against these motors.I broke my best prop on the weekend which is a 12 3/4 x 23 3 blade thinned Dah cleaver.The boat runs a solid 8500rpm with good hole shot,which is a big advantage obviously.The rig weight is 300kg,with me 375.It is a late 1980s design Burgess boat with wood sponsons and Kevlar cell and center section.Engine height is 25 3/4 in. Gearbox is 15:28 or 1.87:1 fitted with low water pickup nosecone.OK I need a new prop urgently.I would love to try a 4 blade but not sure.Any input from anyone would be much appreciated thankyou .
    PS Sam and Fast Fred and others I have the copy of the FT19s Parts list here.I will send a copy to you a.s.a.p and you can then pass it on to others.
    Regards Peter.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

the fourth blade will pull the motor down in rpms, try about 20p i'd keep the diameter as much as i could, should lose top end, but pull better off the turn and through the straight , test it, then test it again.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stinger View Post
    Gday.I am currently running a Modified SST60 rig in our F3 class Australia.Most the boats run the 31M motor.I place midfield against these motors.I broke my best prop on the weekend which is a 12 3/4 x 23 3 blade thinned Dah cleaver.The boat runs a solid 8500rpm with good hole shot,which is a big advantage obviously.The rig weight is 300kg,with me 375.It is a late 1980s design Burgess boat with wood sponsons and Kevlar cell and center section.Engine height is 25 3/4 in. Gearbox is 15:28 or 1.87:1 fitted with low water pickup nosecone.OK I need a new prop urgently.I would love to try a 4 blade but not sure.Any input from anyone would be much appreciated thankyou .
    PS Sam and Fast Fred and others I have the copy of the FT19s Parts list here.I will send a copy to you a.s.a.p and you can then pass it on to others.
    Regards Peter.
    stinger I tried a titus 4 blade on my sst 60 boat. Did not do well. But I was not turning 8500 RPM. email jerry @ www.bookbrosmarine@aol.com I think he still has the prop up for sale. Average pitch was 22 I think. May be perfect for your boat? Sure did turn well.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dave Dewald

Four blades will NOT work - tried for two years to make several of them work - different pitch - rake etc...

Call Dave Dewald up 610-926-2964 - Tell him what you got going on and he will hook you up with a good prop.

Greg Jacobsen

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SST60 Props

Thanks for the replys.It seems 3 blade is still the best for this class.I received a pm from one of your very experienced teams in SST60 and they are very helpfull and have good props for me.Thanks again for all the input.
    Regards Peter.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sst60 props

Hi Stinger I live onthe Central Coast and ran a sst 60 and may have a prop for you PM me
    Joe.

Post Thanks / Like

If anybody else has a prop they don't need I need one. I would like about an 11 3/4 x 23. Thanks David
    Poor Boy Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave hensel View Post
    stinger I tried a titus 4 blade on my sst 60 boat. Did not do well. But I was not turning 8500 RPM. email jerry @ www.bookbrosmarine@aol.com I think he still has the prop up for sale. Average pitch was 22 I think. May be perfect for your boat? Sure did turn well.
    The 4 blades I have are not Titus props they are Dewalds one of them is new 500 each

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 777 racing View Post
    Hi Stinger I live onthe Central Coast and ran a sst 60 and may have a prop for you PM me
    Joe.
    Hi 777 do u still have any parts you would sell, im not far from you hawkesbury river
    Thanks Lindsay
    Who aint addicted to fast boats.....

Thread Information