Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dieter Schulze passed away

Post Thanks / Like

Ron was that a 16 foot Glastron.....or a 17 footer? I always remember you driving a 17 footer...

T2x
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1966, It Was A 16.....Footer

With a hundred and twenty plus boats on Lake Havasu it seemed like a ten footer.

In August of 1967, after leaving Valleyfield, I went to DePue driving most of Harry's equipment and some of mine.

Thursday night, at about 9 o'clock I realized I had worked on boats ALL DAY and tested props on every boat I was racing, which was A, B, C, D, And F Hydro, A, B, C and D Runabout.

Then, I spent a little time with a very beautiful young lady from the U of A (Arizona) that I had met a few weeks earlier. And I had not eaten anything ALL DAY.

So, I slipped into some shorts and through on a velour shirt and went in the back door of the Holiday Inn kitchen. There was nobody in the kitchen, but I heard some people talking in the restaurant.

It was Jim Jost and his wife, Charlie Strang and his mother, Jack Leek and Charlsee. I'm standing there barefoot and I also most go into shock. It was dark enough so they couldn't see I was barefoot, and they asked me to sit down.

Well, I found out that the Chicago to Milwaukee to Chicago Marathon was the next week. And there was a brand new 17 foot Glastron at the OMC plant in Waukegan. I convinced, Charlie, Jimmy and Jack that I could rig that boat in a week, if they'd let me.

I left the restaurant without eating anything..............but a man can live with race boats and SEX!!!!

That was the beginning of my 17 foot Glastron racing..
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-24-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Thread Information