Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: would like your opinion please

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a few thoughts

when i said '' i'll shut up now. your turn'' i meant to talk. not to shut up. sorry if anyone got the wrong idea.
    i say that we prosper despite the gov. don't forget that we are the boss.
    since money and the monetary system an imaginary construct what do you say we imagine something better?
    one of the worst things humanity ever did was invent money.

Post Thanks / Like

Default David....

Quote Originally Posted by david harrell View Post
    when i said '' i'll shut up now. your turn'' I meant to talk. not to shut up. sorry if anyone got the wrong idea.
    i say that we prosper despite the gov. don't forget that we are the boss.
    since money and the monetary system an imaginary construct what do you say we imagine something better?
    one of the worst things humanity ever did was invent money.
    I've read ever post here with interest, but I've stayed out just in general.

I had a good friend named Bobby Kitchens from Jackson, Mississippi. Bobby was in the trucking business, he loved boats and loved to golf.

Bobby used to come out here in the winter with a HUGE ROLL of CASH and we'd go around and buy boats from people like Bahner, Eliminator and Baker. Bobby would use his trucks to get the boats back to Mississippi.

Bobby made some pretty good money in the truck business and I don't think he ever really made money in the boat business, but he liked boats.

About 8 years ago, I heard they needed storage space in Las Vegas, and they were using semi truck trailers for storage units. I decided this looked like easy money.

So, I called Bobby and asked if he had any semi trailers for sale......The first words out of Bobby's mouth were, "Ronnie what the f*** do you know about trucking? And how much money do you want to lose?" I said, "Nothing." He said, "Stay out of the business." He said, "He could get me free semi trailers but getting them to Las Vegas would bankrupt me with new tires, brakes, licenses and permits. He also reminded me, that trucks always break down within a block of a w**** house." He said, "Ronnie, you KNOW props and you are pretty good at it."

Bobby and I talked for half an hour, Bill Boyes and I visited him when we were in Mississippi, I didn't buy any semi truck trailers.

As far as the boat business goes, most people I know in the business liked boats, so they went in the boat business. Most people I know in the boat business have not made a ton of money, but many enjoy their work.

I have made money in the propeller business, I've worked at it, but I have always liked propellers.

Edison said, 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration........Obama might not agree, but hard work, and long hours, sometimes pay off!

The longest journey start with the first step...Good luck, keep us posted here!

ADD:

My son reminds me I lost money in my Baker Boat project, my Hydrostream Project, my Fiber Glass C Runabout Project, my Hallett Boat Project, my Lavey Boat Project and my Snapper Boats Project......My Sleek Craft, Bahner and Eliminator Projects made me money. Lucky for me through all these projects, my teaching salary came in the first of every month!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 08-16-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

do any of you guys know if a chamberd boat still needs foam flotation?

Thread Information