Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lucas Oil Speeday - NBRA - This Weekend

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lucas Oil Speeday - NBRA - This Weekend

This weekend is the exhibtion race/testing at the new Lucas Oil Oil Speedway. The NBRA is putting on this test session. I know of several teams attending to try and show off for the Lucas Oil execs. We are leaving later this week to attend. This facility looks fantastic, and is a great shot in the arm for kneel down outboard racers. There might even be a laydown boat somewhere. I for one can't wait to see the place. Never raced at a professional facility before.

So I hope a lot of you can make it, as Lucas Oil is a rather large company and the founder/owner is interested in the NBRA and boat racing. We hope to impress them enough to get a series. And we all know where this can lead. It could Brand the NBRA and Boat Racing for the future.

Hope to see all the old faces, and lots of new faces. Great time to break out the new rigs and test !

Lucas Oil Speedway - Wheatland MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    This weekend is the exhibtion race/testing at the new Lucas Oil Oil Speedway. The NBRA is putting on this test session. I know of several teams attending to try and show off for the Lucas Oil execs. We are leaving later this week to attend. This facility looks fantastic, and is a great shot in the arm for kneel down outboard racers. There might even be a laydown boat somewhere. I for one can't wait to see the place. Never raced at a professional facility before.

So I hope a lot of you can make it, as Lucas Oil is a rather large company and the founder/owner is interested in the NBRA and boat racing. We hope to impress them enough to get a series. And we all know where this can lead. It could Brand the NBRA and Boat Racing for the future.

Hope to see all the old faces, and lots of new faces. Great time to break out the new rigs and test !

Lucas Oil Speedway - Wheatland MO
    Hope it goes well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lucus Speedway

From what I have heard and seen this past weekend is one that shoud go down in history showing that a lot of hard work and tenacity can produce good results. It looks like this will be the place to be on July 7-8, 2012 when a new sponsored race with over $5000 in prize money available is run.

Also of note is the remarkable display of flight control my nephew exhibited in his first flight and one point perfect landing while running nearly 75MPH in testing a new Cmod.
    The video does not do it justice.
    David
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Fun

With the Test N Tune weekend over, it was one of the largest steps in the knee jockie world of boat racing in the last decade or longer. The NBRA proved that our style of boat racing is far from dead. They proved with a small rule book of common sense, some simple safety rules, and a simple format with stock and mod outboards racing will move forward with the times. It is time to for all of you nay-sayers and nit pickers to notice something, we are going to race at a NATIONALLY known speedway. It has been on TV many, many times. There is potential here to race under lights to the Saturday night crowds. There is potential here to start a new chapter in Stock & Mod Outboard Racing.

I encourage all of you to check out the Lucas Oil Stadium website, and in particular the facebook site. NBRA is plastered all over it from last weekend. Check out the comments from the followers of their F/B site. Yes, the NBRA has been called many things, but one thing they are not, is followers. Come this July, you should all particpate in what can become the future of boat racing. All NBRA classes will run.

I can't say how much money will be available, those details will be worked out in private and when the final number is available, we can post about it. I can tell you one thing, it is proposed at more than you have seen before.

Use Lucas Oil in your race boats, it is good oil, and I have used it.

Thread Information