Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moss Point Mississippi AOF Spring Nationals Run What you Brung

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moss Point Mississippi AOF Spring Nationals Run What you Brung

AOF Spring Nationals: Moss Point, MS
    Any classes that show including the drags.
    Robertson Lake (Google EArth it, it is cool)
    AOF membership for the week end and low class fees
    Tow and Show money paid by sponsor.
    Officials: Bobby Laws, Jack Stotts, Glen Hopkins, John Snell, and Brian Payn
    Directions: I 10 East or WEst. Take exit 68 South on Hwy 613. Go over bridge and come into downtown. Watch for signs.
    Campint: Presley Outing 2283-474 5476
    Motesls are Comfort in and Shuler Hospitality Hotels

Contact me: Carl B Staron 863-699-9701
    or AOFCarl@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

What is the race that's going on in march? I think it's in gulfport
    Poor Boy Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moss Point

This look like a good place for a boat race

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AOFCarl View Post
    AOF Spring Nationals: Moss Point, MS
    Any classes that show including the drags.
    Robertson Lake (Google EArth it, it is cool)
    AOF membership for the week end and low class fees
    Tow and Show money paid by sponsor.
    Officials: Bobby Laws, Jack Stotts, Glen Hopkins, John Snell, and Brian Payn
    Directions: I 10 East or WEst. Take exit 68 South on Hwy 613. Go over bridge and come into downtown. Watch for signs.
    Campint: Presley Outing 2283-474 5476
    Motesls are Comfort in and Shuler Hospitality Hotels

Contact me: Carl B Staron 863-699-9701
    or AOFCarl@gmail.com
    Carl Staron tells me that the AOF liability insurance fees for 1 million dollars (soon to be 2 million) is $350 dollars per week end. I believe that APBA is nearly $ 3000 dollars more! Could this be true or am I missing something? I surely must have heard wrong???? What are the entry fees for this race? tow money?? show money??? What language are you speaking, I donot understand but would like to hear more.

Post Thanks / Like

Default But You Don't Get APBA Points With AOF

When you run at AOF or NBRA races, you don't get APBA points. And without APBA points you could never get in the APBA Hall of Champions, like Ed Hearn has been in for the last 10-15 years in a row.

These NON APBA groups will never make it, they just don't have APBA POINTS!

Or UIM Kilo records.....

These AOF guys probably aren't "REAL" racers anyway! Hell, they have classes for any boat that shows up. EVERYONE KNOWS you must have a RACING GEARCASE to be a real "RACER".....

ADD: And with OBAMA CARE no one really needs medical insurance.....well maybe they need it until 2014...

Post Thanks / Like

Carl is sending me an AOF package that should arrive on Monday. He assures me that this package, including an AOF T-shirt will more than make cents once I look at the spread sheets. I never knew that keeping points was so expensive. Actually, I keep the COR points myself but they are very visable on our COR website, which is quite complicated--you have to click on point standings to find them.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default AOF Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by capnzee View Post
    Carl Staron tells me that the AOF liability insurance fees for 1 million dollars (soon to be 2 million) is $350 dollars per week end. I believe that APBA is nearly $ 3000 dollars more! Could this be true or am I missing something? I surely must have heard wrong???? What are the entry fees for this race? tow money?? show money??? What language are you speaking, I donot understand but would like to hear more.
    Those fees are correct & insurance coverage adequate. AOMCI looked into going that way when we had inadequate insurance, but now do. The only concern that I would have would be "has the coverage been tested in court as a result of a serious incident". We all know that APBA's insurance premiums are based on all incidents & all expenses competitively, 3rd party, travel to & from races, etc., so it's high ER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    When you run at AOF or NBRA races, you don't get APBA points. And without APBA points you could never get in the APBA Hall of Champions, like Ed Hearn has been in for the last 10-15 years in a row.

These NON APBA groups will never make it, they just don't have APBA POINTS!

Or UIM Kilo records.....

These AOF guys probably aren't "REAL" racers anyway! Hell, they have classes for any boat that shows up. EVERYONE KNOWS you must have a RACING GEARCASE to be a real "RACER".....

ADD: And with OBAMA CARE no one really needs medical insurance.....well maybe they need it until 2014...
    I don't care about points or a championship as I'm sure most of us don't. I like the aof. It gives us river racers a place to race each other legally without worrying about wildlife and fisheries writing us tickets. And most of us have nose cone lowers with lwp. I consider this to be a "racing gearcase". And as far as real racers go what defines a "real racer"?
    Poor Boy Racing

Post Thanks / Like

What then is the total cost to sanction a race with AOF. Or is AOF simply the insurance vendor?

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Greatest Outboard Races and Racers

Quote Originally Posted by Riverrat001 View Post
    I don't care about points or a championship as I'm sure most of us don't. I like the aof. It gives us river racers a place to race each other legally without worrying about wildlife and fisheries writing us tickets. And most of us have nose cone lowers with lwp. I consider this to be a "racing gearcase". And as far as real racers go what defines a "real racer"?

In 1966 at the Havasu Outboard World Championships there were 128 entries. I doubt if ten boat had Speedmaster gearcases. Ted May lead the first day in a SWITZER WING WITH SHIFTABLE ROUND NOSE GEARCASES.

Bobby Switzer had made the most laps, with "RACING" gearcase, but had been docked 16 laps for missing a buoy.

I raced in the Six Hours of Paris, five times, I think. Usually they had 90 to 100 boats start. I never raced a "RACING" gearcases in the Six Hour of Paris. Jimbo and I won the Berlin Six Hour 86 entires or something like that. We raced a shiftable gearcase.

For they last 8 years I've tried to get people in California interested in racing AOF. The reasons we haven't had an AOF was because "NO POINTS, NO MEDICAL INSURANCE," and I added no racing gearcases.

My brother Russ Hill Jr., coined the phrase, "Run what you brung". My hat is off to AOF for having this race. I have considered driving down there to race just to show my support.

Thread Information