Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucas Oil Speedway date is set

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    There is no APBA club that I am aware of in the area. The south is pretty much NBRA except for the FL GA and SE areas.

I also think it would be bad if some other sanctioning body tried to take over an event that NBRA has been working on for 6 or 7 years. Respect someones hard work and dedication. I can assure you that the race at Lucas is being handled by professionals and honestly we have it covered from a sanctioning body point of view. Thanks for the thoughts and concerns though, feedback is always important to make an event the best it can be. We hope to see you at the Lucas Oil Speedway race with your support for kneel down boat racing, and Lucal Oil.
    Dave,

You are so right. It should not matter whose banner you normally race under, this is an amazing opportunity to promote outboard racing.

Show your appreciation of the hard work NBRA has done by hooking onto your trailer and heading for MO.in early July if you have the dates open.

Dave/Art, What is NBRA policy re: non-member entry fees in case anyone wants to know?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees

Gene,

A full racing membership with the NBRA would be required, which is $80.00 per race season. Also, you would need to belong to an NBRA affiliated club. I believe the ODA club is putting this on. You can join at the site or simply go to the NBRA website and poke around and get the information to mail it in. On that site it also explains how the NBRA has managed to combine Stock & Mod Outboard into a much smaller class structure without eliminating any engines or classes. It has created some fierce competitive races that many have never seen if you have not been to an NBRA race. Simply put, there is a place for every stock & mod class in APBA within the NBRA.

Entry fees are a lot less than what the APBA is currently charging. Also, you get a break on the entry fees at a lot of races if you run 3 classes. Last weekend in Rockaway a person ran I think 4 classes and it cost $85.00 total entry fee. I can't remember who it was as I was busy registering myself but recall the girls saying the amount and number of classes.

I am in no way bashing APBA fees or APBA. Everyone has an opinion. I am simply stating facts.

I can also say that for the Lucas Oil race there is over 5K in tow money and prize money. Typically you will get your entry fee back and a lot of your gas bill for your efforts.

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat racing stadium to be built in Missouri.

Please check out this thread..

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ad.php?t=11722

Lars
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coming Soon

Hopefully many of you have made arrangments to attend this race at Lucas Oil Speedway. It is coming up in one more week.

Everyone is welcome, APBA, AOF, and NBRA. It does not matter what banner you fly by, this is a race for you, the boat racer. It would be great to see the huge Crown Racing trailer pull in. I saw it in Constantine (yes I attend APBA events too) and it looks first class. There is a roll call thread over on Hydroracer as well.

The NBRA welcomes you with open arms to attend this race. It looks like the pit pass that Lucas Oil charges for entry into the pits will be refunded to you. They also have tow money to pay out. This is a mainstream media event folks. The grandstands should be packed with spectators.

Remember, your pit pass (free once you get your refund cash from the ODA) allows to go watch the car races from the pits as well. It is an awesome facility. They will have something going on in the evening at the car track. On Site bar for the racers, etc, etc, etc.

Just believe one thing, this race is for boat racing, and you. It isn't about helemts being all one color, or closed toe shoes, it is for boat racing. This is a major step towards bringing boat racing up to the next level and getting the recognition it needs.

Thread Information