Quote Originally Posted by racnbns View Post
CRAZY ED'S
The first place I ever saw PEANUT SHELLS 2 inch's deep on the floor.

Ray Nydahl trying to backflip his chair every time a waitress passed behind him.

The best steak in town.

Bruce
Funny that you say that about the steaks, and I did think you were their, Bruce. Anyway, I have two theories about Arizona steaks...well maybe more than two: 1. Food alwasy tastes better when you are away from home 2. Mesquite bar-b-qued steaks are amazing.

Another Jimmy Hauenstein story: When Jimmy wasn't racing the 9 Hour, he, my dad and the "NEEDLES PLAYBOY" Olin Griswold would drink beer for 9 hours. Jimmy would go and get six beers and spit them up....When the beer was gone, he'd go to my dad and say, "Russ, it is your turn to buy beers." So, my dad would give Jimmy $20 bucks.

At the end of the day, my dad would ask Jimmy how many beers he bought. Jimmy would say, "I bought them all." Jimmy didn't lie....He just used my dad's money!

JIMMY AND MY DAD GOT ALONG FINE. One year, there were broken Evinrudes all over the pits, and my buddy from Needles, Olin, says to no one in particular, "I think Evinrude should stick to fishing.".