Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hauenstein Family

Post Thanks / Like

Default 0041 Six Stud

This is me and my dad, Russ Hill, Senior with his Six Stud. I am looking for this motor, as it was placed in Lou Eppel's hands to be placed in the Evinrude Museum, that never came about.... The motor is missing.....

Reward for its return to the Hill Family!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hex Head Is In Kingsburg

Well, I was in Kingsburg, today, the boat racing capital of he San Joaquin Valley...Seems I was taking a Hex Head to dropped off at Linda Hauenstein's brother...trouble was Freddy had forgot to call Linda's brother, Linus, and tell him I was a coming....

Anyway, my dad's "SIX STUD" as we called it was 0041, keep an eye out for it, Freddy's dad's was 003...There were only 50 of these "SUCKERS" ever made....The Hauenstein's called them "THE HEX HEADS", the Hill's called them "SIX STUDS"...No matter, they were great Racing C motors...

More pictures here:

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=1228
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-08-2006 at 11:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default June 1, 1997, The Arcadian Star Left Us

It seems like yesterday, that we were in Washington, North Carolina for the first Formula One race of the season...Right near Reggie Fountain's boat factory.

I felt old at 53, that weekend, I feel younger at 62 now... We lost Jimmy Hauenstein there, and it was like losing a brother. Jimmy was always one whom I could call with a problem about economics, law or. It didn't seem to matter, he always had a way to reassure me that everything would be OK, that the world wasn't going to hell in a hand bag....Then, he's laugh that laugh of his and say he really had to go, but call him anytime on his 800 number....

I can only find a few pictures from North Carolina.....The black boat is Chad's... The write up is from Chad's sponsor presentation...

9 years has gone very fast my old friend...
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-20-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Small World?

This may not be the proper place for this question, and if it isn't feel free to delete it (hopefully after I've read the answer). I lived and worked in Bakersfield from about 1994 to 1997 and was invited to go on a white water rafting trip in Kings Canyon. I think that was the name of the canyon, and I think it was around 1996. While on the raft I started talking to a gentleman asking what he did, or maybe his name struck a chord with me. I remember that he said he owned a trucking company, and as soon as he said Arcadian I made the mod-VP, Chris Bush connection. I know my eyes went wide as I realized I was meeting someone that I had read about for years. We talked racing for a while and I couldn't beleive my luck as well as how nice (and patient) he was. Would that have been Jim? After reading all of these posts I can't recall the first name.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Friend of 53 Years...

Jimmy was frequently called "Gentlemen Jim"....I know in my dealings, he did get mad at times....but he was as you said..."my luck as well as how nice (and patient) he was. Would that have been Jim? After reading all of these posts I can't recall the first name."....

Jim had an infectious laugh that made those around him happy also...The Hauenstein Family has always had that laugh, they've managed to see the best in life, even in bad times...At Old Fred's funeral, many spoke, and there was humor in many of the stories about Old Fred...

If you met Chris Bush, MOD VP WORLD CHAMPION, Jimmy was more than likely there with him, as Jimmy sponsored Chris Bush....

The only thing you had to watch around Jimmy, was your beer....as, if he didn't drink it, he'd give it to someone who would!!!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 10-27-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ron, that probably was Jim. My only regret was that he probably had no idea how much joy he brought to me just by taking the time to visit about boat racing. In my mind he is one of the members of boat racing's royalty.

In regards to the beer, there was quite a bit being consumed and I'm a little fuzzy on where it was going or where it had come from.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 04-29-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gentlemen Jim...The Arcadian Star...

When I saw this "T" Shirt at the Antique Outboard Meet, I went crazy...I'd love to have the actual picture....

Tide sponsor with Arcadian Trucking, Burgess hull, Mercury Racing motor... Jim Hauenstein owner...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rockets To The Moon...

mention Jimmy...
    I should and will, but not today...write a lot about James (Gentleman Jim, Fat Jimmy) Hauenstein. The Arcadian Star is missed....

I used to tell this story to my classes....then call Jimmy and put some kid on the line to ask if it were true...When Jimmy was in 7th grade the Math teacher had a chart on the wall with "ROCKETS TO THE MOON". The idea being, you do your work and your rocket goes up. And in the spring, when your parents come to school for Open House they will be proud.

Well, everyone's rocket was at the moon in the spring except Fat Jimmy's. Fat Jimmy's rocket never moved, in fact, it had fallen over. But everyone in Kingsburg, California, knew that Fat Jim Hauemstein's rocket never flew....Of course, he graduated from USC and then Law School at UCLA. Then owned Arcadian Trucking, world's largest hauler of Proctor and Gamble products...

Jimmy knew there are many ways to WIN!!!!

ADD: Jimmy was never FAT, but he always called me Fat Ronnie, so I called him Fat Jimmy...We drank a lot of beer together over the years...Someone had to help him through Law School...

Jimmy was my friend for 53 years...He died at 53...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jay Root Driving with Freddy Hauenstein Holding On

Photo by Ken Steelman... John Ward Trophy Winner riding deck for Jay Root...1968???

Is the second picture any better???

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks like me....

Where was that picture shot? Do you have a clearer version?

Fred
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Thread Information