Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Golden Shores Winter Nationals

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is that all you have left from Golden Shores......

.....just the two? You walked away with a whole boatload of silver goblets in 1969. That was the year of this article. Unfortunately, after we built our house in 81, I brought almost all of my trophies here, but left the Golden Shores trophies at my Dad's house. They survived the hurricane in 70, but not the fire in 91.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two on My Desk

I have more, boxed somewhere...

I posted this top picture before, but left out the silver cups....I guess, most on the table were mine!!!

The Over-All Trophy stayed in the Golden Shores Marina for about 20 years....

Here is my F Runabout with Clark Maloof "Hanging On"...He told me we had NO COMPETITION.......I said, "Yea, Fuschlin and Rucker's six bangers are National Champions...My Koenig is just fast, Clark..." This was the picture I'd liked to have seen inPOWERBOAT....
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 09-09-2007 at 09:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pro Mo Pictures...

When I promoted this race, we didn't just promote RON HILL. We took many pictures, of many drivers, and sent them out to newspapers.

The Race Queen and and unknown driver...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Williams'

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    If you look at the Parker pictures....I said a "GUY" in the V-8 outboard was "STROLLING"....I made it sound like they were new to boat racing...

The guy, who didn't enter until Friday was Bob "Curly" Williams.....Look at the B Stock Hydro results from the Winternationals...

The sickness can't be cured, but we need to protect and serve our masses...

Curley brother's son, races 45 in the Western Formula Lights Series....(Jason Williams) and has do quite well this year...

Do I look GREAT in my DeSilva with a CHRYSLER on the back.....At the time, and now too, I thought, "Christ, I have a 90 MPH Konig, maybe 85 with Clark Maloof hanging on to me.....probably a cool picture, somewhere...and what do they put in POWERBOAT?????? A 47 mph Egg Beater!!!!! NOTE RESULTS: I was going 47, everyone esle was going about 55!!!!

I wasn't convince then and I'm not convince now, that POWERBOAT NEVER CARED about LITTLE BOATS......It was about POWERBOATS MAN!!!!!

It is OK, we have our own MAGAZINE NOW!!!! It is called WWW.BOATRACINGFACTS.COM

Wayne, you need a Tri Hull and I need one too...I'll keep it in Texas and we can race the TEXAS LEAGUE!!!!!!

Help me here... I have two trophies from Golden Shores...One says 1969 and the other says 1970....Which years DID we race???

ADD: Steven Curry took many of those Parker pictures......Did you see his dad'sname in 36 Runabout (Lane Curry)...??

One thing, I notice about BMX Magazines and Motorcycle Magazines......The people that write articles seems to LOVE what they are writing about...Reading most, if not all, boating magazines, I never seems to feel the passion that I do in even LOW RIDER MAGAZINE...

Our SPORT has the passion, we just need to cultivate it....Some of the RESTORED BOATS.....hve some great stories to be told and retold...I hope to read about them...right here, someday!!!!
    Ron, Bob's brother and Jason's dad, Gary Williams, also raced back then also. So, they are another "boat racing" family. Real nice people!!!!!! They be the ones that have offered a 45 for me to run......

Bob Williams also races FEH, DMH and CSR, along with racing the Top O' Michigan Marathon race the last two years. He will be taking over the DMH that Jason Williams raced the last couple years, next season. He is another "Team Darneille" mod member.........
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Wayne: I want to thank you for all the pics and the posting that you have done. The other nite I spent about 3 hours just going over your stuff and it brought back many old memories. I went to Depue for the first time this year as a spectator and now a lot of your memories are starting to add up. I will be going back to depue next year and sure would like to meet you there. Thanks again. john lawrence

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks John

What years did you hang out at DePue before? I have many great memories from there as well. Do you have any stories or photos from DePue?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rhoads Hydro??

Here's a picture taken just before CSH. (I'm backward in the white Sid Craft.... Is that a Rhoads Hydro next to me...

That's Gene Chamber's in the Winternationals T-Shirt....(With Race Allen's picture)..
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-10-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill
    Here's a picture taken just before CSH. (I'm backward in the white Sid Craft.... Is that a Rhoads Hydro next to me...

That's Gene Chamber's in the Winternationals T-Shirt....(With Race Allen's picture)..
    Nope, I think that's a Goff-Hagness next to you. The R&D's had Cockpit sides that got shorter toward the back of the boat. That boat next to you has tall cockpit sides all the way to the transom, like a Goff.

Hard to tell who that is, but it might be John Lasher. He used to wear a flip-up face shield like the driver in that picture has.

R_19

Post Thanks / Like

Ron--I found these the other day taken at the Golden Shores Winternationals in 1969. The camera was not good and boats were too far away. Without computer enhancement they would not be viewable, but I thought I would try to see how these turned out. I forgot who gave us the Polaroid pit shot. L-R Baldy Baldwin, next I think is maybe Jay Root, me, Sid Viera with the cowboy hat. Don't know who is on the other side of Sid. Maybe Bob Viera.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow

They turned out better than I expected. Here is an example of one I didn't even try to post before. Just a little bit of playing around makes this much difference. The first is the original. There is a magic wand feature that I could have used to actually work in the exact contrasty portions, but I haven't figured out how to make it work yet. I know that if I turn it on, I cannot turn it off and it won't go away until I turn the computer off for a day. It is supposed to turn off if I put it in the trash can, but the pointer on my mouse must be a union arrow because when I try to move the wizard to the trash can the arrow won't carry it. "Not my Job!"

Thread Information