Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: left hand prop?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default left hand prop?

My next project will be powered by a 32 HP jet ski engine. At this point it looks like the prop will be 11 inche LH, with the pitch to be determined later. Would I need a custom prop, or is this size and rotation common enough to find? BTW, the motorcycle powered hydro is STILL waiting for the machine shop to finish the jack shaft.
    Those who say it can't be done should stop bothering those that are doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stupidbaker57 View Post
    My next project will be powered by a 32 HP jet ski engine. At this point it looks like the prop will be 11 inche LH, with the pitch to be determined later. Would I need a custom prop, or is this size and rotation common enough to find? BTW, the motorcycle powered hydro is STILL waiting for the machine shop to finish the jack shaft.
    11 x 7 +/- should be easy to find in a 3 blade lefty, A 2 blade 13p has tested to the same speed for me as a 3 blade 11p. Good Luck

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What would those props fit? I have a 7.25 lefty for my hydro, but I'm looking for an 11 incher now for a new project.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stupidbaker57 View Post
    What would those props fit? I have a 7.25 lefty for my hydro, but I'm looking for an 11 incher now for a new project.
    I misread the size as pitch, 11" dia is big for 32hp will it have a reduction? Inboard props might be found that size.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My son's boat has a 28hp outboard and an 11/17 is called for. I know the pitch is for a reduction geared outboard and the inboard will be straight drive so I think an 11 inch with less pitch run in surface drive will posibly work.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a video and write on this site concerning a project such as this: A jet ski converted to inboard drive.

Somebody has to remember that posting. Was a really neat project.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fastjeff57 View Post
    There's a video and write on this site concerning a project such as this: A jet ski converted to inboard drive.

Somebody has to remember that posting. Was a really neat project.

Jeff
    I remember it or 1 like it from was back.. very radical.

Thread Information