Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaf blower supercharging

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Turbos work great!

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...t=8246&page=66

Indeed, nitrous oxide is the easiest and least cost means of boosting power (no matter what type engine), but you're totally bummed when the bottle runs out. Hence my work on project "Virgo" - quite a beast. It will be run several times this summer for play. Might take it to Constantine for exhibition runs in if any are interested to see it work.

Of all my engines, this one offered the biggest bang for the buck. No internal mods except Boyesen reeds. The only downside is the weight/complexity of the electric oil and fuel pumps needed. My notes are descriptive for those interested in building one. And there are plenty of micro turbo's on the market for just about any displacement.

Have fun building!

Tim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
    http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...t=8246&page=66

Indeed, nitrous oxide is the easiest and least cost means of boosting power (no matter what type engine), but you're totally bummed when the bottle runs out. Hence my work on project "Virgo" - quite a beast. It will be run several times this summer for play. Might take it to Constantine for exhibition runs in if any are interested to see it work.

Of all my engines, this one offered the biggest bang for the buck. No internal mods except Boyesen reeds. The only downside is the weight/complexity of the electric oil and fuel pumps needed. My notes are descriptive for those interested in building one. And there are plenty of micro turbo's on the market for just about any displacement.

Have fun building!

Tim
    That thing is SICK

Thread Information