Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 55.1 mph with 30 hp mercury

phillnjack

MWhite says "what the gps says is what your doing"

well how can i have different gps monitors all running at the same time saying different speeds ?

tom tom, Garmin,samsung mobile phone device !!!!!!!

next time out ill take a pic of a few gps monitors all next to each other showing the different speeds.

phill

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen one yet that was out by 25 mph lol! They are off a mph one way or the other! The way I look at it, you are just jealous that I actually can make a boat and motor go fast and when somebody on this forum knows more about you about Boats and motor you get all offenended! And from what I see , that is pretty much everybody! ;P have a great day and if you want to finally get to 50 mph you are not gonna get any help from me!

phillnjack

nobody is doubting your little plywood canoe isnt quick for what it is.
    what people know is that your claim is so far fetched its gone way beyond stupidity.

now if you had said you had hit 40 and was gonna try for a bit more then people might of given you a bit of credit.

But no, oh no not satisfied to add atleast 10 to 15 mph, you then lost all control and claim to be hitting 59mph
    now that just has to be about the biggest load of B*****t on this forum for a long time ,
    Seriously you must be making the race guys laugh their brains out, they go out testing and blue printing engines,
    pay fortunes for mega lightweight carbon fibre boat hulls that are designed,built and aided by computer to be
    extremely fast and as hydro-dynamic as possible,and yet you just walked out the cabin,chopped down a tree and carved out a boat,then bought a secondhand engine
    that just happened to be the fastest 30hp engine in the world and now your going so fast your in your own little orbit !!!.

Whatever your smoking must be strong stuff, i suggest you start selling it and save up for the rev counter !!!!

phill

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wanna lay a little money on the line idiot?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyst67 View Post
    Wanna lay a little money on the line idiot?
    Hey buddy, There aint no since in arguing with these people anymore. They live in a whole nother country and they think, Race, and setup boats in whole nother way than we do! And above all There is no way Me, you, Mike white or Riverrat could ever prove to them how fast our lil 40hp motors are because they live so far away! No disrespect to anyone! but only way to prove your top end speed would be to stand behind someone with a Radar gun and video the gun while ur making a pass and post the video right here. My two cents
    TARVER Marine and Performance

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicely said! And it's awesome to have some other guys around that love to run these mercs all out at awesome speeds! You guys are all awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillnjack View Post
    nobody is doubting your little plywood canoe isnt quick for what it is.
    what people know is that your claim is so far fetched its gone way beyond stupidity.

now if you had said you had hit 40 and was gonna try for a bit more then people might of given you a bit of credit.

But no, oh no not satisfied to add atleast 10 to 15 mph, you then lost all control and claim to be hitting 59mph
    now that just has to be about the biggest load of B*****t on this forum for a long time ,
    Seriously you must be making the race guys laugh their brains out, they go out testing and blue printing engines,
    pay fortunes for mega lightweight carbon fibre boat hulls that are designed,built and aided by computer to be
    extremely fast and as hydro-dynamic as possible,and yet you just walked out the cabin,chopped down a tree and carved out a boat,then bought a secondhand engine
    that just happened to be the fastest 30hp engine in the world and now your going so fast your in your own little orbit !!!.

Whatever your smoking must be strong stuff, i suggest you start selling it and save up for the rev counter !!!!

phill
    Its more fun to out run people that talk too much than it is to set records.
    Strictly business

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha hey hank I was watching your videos the other day on YouTube and that thing screams man! I like it !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HTarver View Post
    Hey buddy, There aint no since in arguing with these people anymore. They live in a whole nother country and they think, Race, and setup boats in whole nother way than we do! And above all There is no way Me, you, Mike white or Riverrat could ever prove to them how fast our lil 40hp motors are because they live so far away! No disrespect to anyone! but only way to prove your top end speed would be to stand behind someone with a Radar gun and video the gun while ur making a pass and post the video right here. My two cents
    tarvers on the money mate,some people talk and some people get it done.
    the dude talkin about the old 4 cyl mercs needs to wake up,we were runnin solid 47mph runs both ways back in the 90's 2 up in an old gemini....thats with the lost foam merc job that had no head or port covers,last of the best ever 40hp motors.

phillnjack

fs5
    there is a huge distance between a 40hp hot engine and a standard 30hp.
    there is also a massive margin between 47mph and 55.1 then onto 59mph.

Now dont forget you were running a gemini race boat neither with almost zero weight compared to a homebuilt plywood boat that dont ride on a v-pad andcertainly aint a screamer.

Htarver talks of his 40hp running fast, yes the 40hp is a 3 cylinder 60hp motor detuned thats in his avatar,not a 30hp twin
    massive difference in engines ive had both of them.

The little merc 30 is nothing at all like the 3 cylinder engine,its totaly different and will never produce the power of the triple.

i think the moonshine and jamaican woodbines are causing a lot of hallucinations, its very easy to get carried away
    and talk of speed.
    If these tin and plywood fishing floats are so fast then why not atleast take them to the races and beat all the mulit-million dollar company's that have spent years to develop fast engines and boats.

im sure with the knowledge of a redneck and the bragging of his cousin, the sst45 boys must be ****ting bricks incase
    you turn up and make them all look silly as well.

Ive seen plenty of fast boats and plenty of boats that are so called 50mph boats, but allways an excuse when ive
    passed them doing a lot less than 50mph.

Im sure that a 59mph 30hp engine on a home built boat could get you a nice photograph on the back of a
    truck or even a spot on the jerry springer show !!!
    and imagine how fast its gonna go when it gets some real mods done to it ??????

P.S dont forget to leave grandpa's moonshine alone next time you go out and wrestle the aligators.

phill

Thread Information