Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sport f1 vs opti!

Default Sport f1 vs opti!

Just Woundering what the thoughts of everyone are on these two motors becoming a class! The results of Port Neches speak volume. The sport f1 is only an increase in ci not intake or exaust! Sure we could increase the hp by a tuner or head cc's but we are pretty even! Just want some feedback since the 120 can not hang with the opti!

A 120 can beat a opti-max. There is this guy name Terry Rinker does it all the time.
    Ashton Rinker #120

Team Member

Had a great time. I think you guys have it about as close as it gets. See you in Orange.

Team Member

thanks for coming and being a part of the program rob

Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by cnunez55 View Post
    Just Woundering what the thoughts of everyone are on these two motors becoming a class! The results of Port Neches speak volume. The sport f1 is only an increase in ci not intake or exaust! Sure we could increase the hp by a tuner or head cc's but we are pretty even! Just want some feedback since the 120 can not hang with the opti!
    As an opti mid pack/ back marker, ill chime in.

When this idea of TX F1 started, without givng a specific history lesson it is fair to say it was do to the opti. (even though a tx 120 consistantly beat the opti) the class was made to 1) help even it up and 2) make it affordable to keep people on the water. Looking at the port neches results... at first glance, we are still there. Glenn wins, Jimmies 2nd. So if thats all we looked at, huge FAIL. However, lets look deeper. The final results have optis sprinkled throughout the field. We had 18 boats register with no less than 3 no show that would usually be there (due to unforseen issues) Jeez, we almost had 21-23 boats!!! But here is the big one, If tracy and terry dont crash, you might have a 1/2/3 tx f1 finish. ( if fairchild doesnt crash, there is another opti in the mix.) With the old 120, i think we can all agree that Glenn and Jimmie were gone(same now) however the tx f1 are all over the front of the field. So respectfully, might i ask a question? And I am NOT being a smart a-zz. When glenn won in a 120, beating the opti... we changed the rules to make everyone else faster. WE CHANGED THE RULES FOR THE 2ND PLACE BOAT. So now, Glenn wins agian, But tx f1 boats are all over the front of the field, especially before the wreck in the final. Why dont we worry about chasing Glenn? Why the question, should we boost the f1 more? He is winning, not the opti and Rinker, you are spot on. The 120 with the prep that Terry Rinker puts into it is beating the opti all day long. So my opinion, leave it alone. We now have a faster 120 in the F1 sport motor, it won, go dial your rig in and shoot for glenn. If you are basing your goals to pass Merleau, based on the PN results.. your shooting for 2nd. Shoot for mathews (racign the F1 motor!!) and you get the trophy and the check! Or simply do what some want done, just tell the opti to stay home, go back to a 12-14 boat field and be done with it.

Again, just my opinion, had a great time at what i feel was a very successful event!

Team Member

well spoken

Team Member

Default might have found the sweet spot

Thanks boss. I think SPORT Racing Series has a winner here. Nunez, yourself, Terry... bunch of guys looked fast. Best part is I didnt see any real stupid driving. Mathews, man was he dialed in or what. Glad the theme out here seems to be we seem to have found a good compromise. Heard a little rumblings loading up that we should give the F1 motor a little boost. I can see a 20 boat field sooner than later!!!

Default Rinker

Yes Terry Rinker wins on apt tracks but on longer tracks there not as fast! Fairchild had the fastest lap times till he turned over! The carb motors get off the doc due to the lack of having to make a full revalution before starting! I think you are mistaking when you predict the results! Terry started on the pole in the second heat and tracy didnt breAk away in ten laps, instead was mirror driving! Yes Mathews is fast but not untouchable! The opti'sare getting faster and the 2.5 sport f1 was to even it out!

Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by cnunez55 View Post
    Yes Terry Rinker wins on apt tracks but on longer tracks there not as fast! Fairchild had the fastest lap times till he turned over! The carb motors get off the doc due to the lack of having to make a full revalution before starting! I think you are mistaking when you predict the results! Terry started on the pole in the second heat and tracy didnt breAk away in ten laps, instead was mirror driving! Yes Mathews is fast but not untouchable! The opti'sare getting faster and the 2.5 sport f1 was to even it out!
    i agree this post, 100%. It is spot on. So since we agree to not predict results, the ACTUAL results have F1 SPORT in P1, and Opti in P2. I will email Schubert and Fairchild, we need to give the optis a few more ponnies.

Team Member

Wink

or a 2 sec head start

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information