Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What year evinrude 75 is this??

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What year evinrude 75 is this??

I just picked up a evinruide 75 hp short shaft today with the small gear case unit and have a serial number and barely could read model number. I think the motor is a 1975 but can someone help me confirm this?

Serial # 10001046

Model # 75542 B

Just for the record this motor is NOT FOR SALE I'm gonna build it. So probably be asking a ton of questions here about it.

I hope I can still buy a owners/service manual for it and what tiller handle will fit this motor??
    I was told that a 50 omc would fit it is this true??

Will upload some pics of it here shortly.

Thanks
    Chris

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The model number says it is a 1975.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 194265 View Post
    The model number says it is a 1975.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

couple more

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have pictures of what a 56 ci motor looks like??

Post Thanks / Like

Default 56 shots

1.] sst60 lost foam block with aluminum head and webbing on exhaust side
    2.] 88 permanent cast block with black head and no exhaust webbing
    Last edited by sheuninck; 06-26-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: swapped descriptions per correction later in thread

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sheuninck View Post
    1.] sst60 sandcast block with aluminum head
    2.] 88 lost foam block with black head
    The part that really stands out and it is what someone else told me which is the left/port side of the engine looking when standing behind the motor I think it is called the exhaust plate there is a quarter inch plate then a thick block which is all connect to the engine block itself. I take it this is the main thing for identifying the different blocks?
    My 49ci actually has three individual plates bolted to the block.

The fly wheel and Linkage can it be used on the 56 motor? I was told by someone else that the crank from the 49 can be used on the 56 is this true as well?? I'm not sure these spark plug coil packs I have are any good but can they be used on the 56 as well as the fuel pump?

I had heard from another person that from 85-86 is the years of the 56 but then someone last night told me the years were 85-89 for the 56 ci is this true as well? not saying he is a liar but just want someone else to confirm this as well.

Just realized you have a tiller what year and make is it from??

Thanks for the photos

Chris

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reversed info

This info is reversed. The block with the painted head is a permanent cast and the one with the unpainted head is lost foam cast.

The first year for the 56 was 1986 and it was permanent cast. Supposedly 86 and 87 were the only two years that were permanent cast but I've run across some 88 that were permanent cast. The crankshaft from the 49 will work in the 56, however prior to 83 the cranks were cast and subject to breaking. 89 was when the crankshaft changed from 4 spline to a fine spline. 93 was when the blocks went from bridgeport to oval port.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris3298 View Post
    The part that really stands out and it is what someone else told me which is the left/port side of the engine looking when standing behind the motor I think it is called the exhaust plate there is a quarter inch plate then a thick block which is all connect to the engine block itself. I take it this is the main thing for identifying the different blocks?
    My 49ci actually has three individual plates bolted to the block.

The fly wheel and Linkage can it be used on the 56 motor? I was told by someone else that the crank from the 49 can be used on the 56 is this true as well?? I'm not sure these spark plug coil packs I have are any good but can they be used on the 56 as well as the fuel pump?

I had heard from another person that from 85-86 is the years of the 56 but then someone last night told me the years were 85-89 for the 56 ci is this true as well? not saying he is a liar but just want someone else to confirm this as well.

Just realized you have a tiller what year and make is it from??

Thanks for the photos

Chris
    the flywheel, linkage, coils and fuel pump are interchangeable. another way to tell is the cylinder head is one piece on the 56ci. the tiller is an OMC tiller, not sure what year. I made an adaptor as the hole pattern in the short shaft steering tongue vs the longshaft steering tongue are different.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sheuninck View Post
    the flywheel, linkage, coils and fuel pump are interchangeable. another way to tell is the cylinder head is one piece on the 56ci. the tiller is an OMC tiller, not sure what year. I made an adaptor as the hole pattern in the short shaft steering tongue vs the longshaft steering tongue are different.

Thanks guys I paid Glenn Hopkins a visit at Lunch time and drilled him for some information.

Can you take a close up picture of your tiller and how it's mounted? and the stabilizer/shock absorber can I see a close up picture of the bracket that hooks to the motor??

Gonna go see a place this weekend to see if they have a 56 ci motor and if I can get this well I'll be tapped out for a while then.

Thanks
    Chris

Thread Information