Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welfare responsible for decline of boat racing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welfare Thoughts

Most working class people pay more in taxes than it used to cost to live. If the working "stiffs" were working some hard to make ends meet, maybe they would have time to join a boat club or race a boat.

But maybe the "ROOT CAUSE" of Boat Racing's demise is US.

WE IN REGION 12, AND I SAY "WE" becasue it has been more than one pulling and pushing, but we have a few new A HYDRO RACERS:

Reasons:

Ernie Dawe build a competitive "A" Hydro. When he wasn't building boats for someone else, he built boats for me. KT, Mike Wright, Casey Wright, Ades from Colorado, Dave Hale, Little Gordie, Britney Schwarzenbach all have Dawe boats....All were either owned by me or ordered by me....

Every motor that I've sold was either a Stillwell Merc or a Dawe, Runne, or Hannon motor. Most motors were "LOANED" before they were sold. I "Banked" three motors with payments. I have a new driver right now, that I've offered payments on a motor. No "DOG" motors have been sold to new drivers.

Props have been loaned, and sold and DeWald numbers have been FREELY give out.

We have had article is Performance Boats Magazine.

Marlee Hill, Nicole and Olivia Knudson, Dave Hale, Gordy Jenning II and III to name a few have helped with promotions at Boat Shows and Irvine Lake's V_Drive Regatta...

But..

Seacow, Laddies and others are right about WHAT IS REALLY NEEDED!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 114 Pounds

Weight* 114.4 lbs. (52 kg)

When McCullough built outboards they had a racing circuit called WOA. APBA had classes set up by cubic inches, WOA's classes were set up by horsepower.

Us, "Real Racers" who raced APBA who raced outboard with "RACING" Lower units looked down our noses at WOA Racers. By 1965, there were more WOA racers in California that their were APBA Racers.

But "US" loyal APBA members moved WOA into APBA. My brother as Region 12 Chairman move the Havasu NOA World Championships to the APBA/UIM World Championships.

WOA became COBRA, later as I was Region Chairman, I brought COBRA into APBA.

But as someone pointed out here, APBA slept with Mercury and OMC.

Tohatsu came along in the middle '80's OMC and Mercury did their level best to get rid of Tohatsu and in a way they succeeded as the only Tohatsu call in APBA today is Sport C, which I started in 1984.

Tohatsu builds a 15 HP Four Stroke for Mercury and Evinrude, besides themselves. This would be the perfect INTRODUCTORY CLASS for Stoke Outboard Racing. One trouble is, it doesn't ave a racing gearcase. And the second problem is, of my god, it is a four stroke.

Thread Information