Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever See A Hallett Mini Boat

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I love mine too much to sell it but the brother of the guy who I bought mine from had one in Phoenix area but never heard back from him on a price for the boat. I will try to contact them again on it. Can't wait to get mine cleaned up and back out in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Made A Deal for The Molds

I made a deal for the molds and will try to pick them up this week. The original mold was made by Hallett (This is the mold). Ron Eddie the designer of many of Eliminatior boats did the deck tooling, Bob Carlson actually designed the bottom with help from Allison!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I made a deal for the molds and will try to pick them up this week. The original mold was made by Hallett (This is the mold). Ron Eddie the designer of many of Eliminatior boats did the deck tooling, Bob Carlson actually designed the bottom with help from Allison!
    Plenty of time to build some of these hulls for folks that may be interested in running them in the Mini Boat Enduro!
    Geoff Archer
    Twisted Liquid Marine
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    www.TwistedLiquidMarine.com
    Junior Drag Boat Racing League
    www.JrDragBoat.com
    888-521-4626

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool. You'll have to let me know pricing when you have things figured out. I always have people asking me where they can get one. It's a great riding boat for the size I think. I might have to think about the Enduro although I don't know if my back would agree with 3 hours of beating it up. LOL

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Got It!

We now have the mold and will be adding this model to our growing lineup. Not sure what to call it yet, but we'll figure that out soon enough.

We've also added another 12' v bottom, based off the baby Biesemeyer/Daytona boats. We also will be adding a new 13' cat model in the next few weeks.

All of the boats are now available in various stages of completion, from bare hull to fully finished. More info as it becomes available.
    Geoff Archer
    Twisted Liquid Marine
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    www.JrDragBoat.com
    888-521-4626

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Another stinkin' mini that followed me home. 1986 Hallet Snapper

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  109.1 KB
    Geoff Archer
    Twisted Liquid Marine
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    www.JrDragBoat.com
    888-521-4626

Post Thanks / Like

Default This Was A Hallett Also, Same Era

Rich Job was Accountant...
    Rich Job ran a pretty mean Furnel Flyer in 20 SS Hydro and he also had a 102 on a Flyer that ran well.... Chad was about 7 and I let him take the "SNAPPER" for a ride....Chad saw that Rich was broke down in the corner....and he stopped to help Rich.... Rich got so excited to see Chad driving the boat, by himself, he couldn't talk...He kept asking Chad, "If his dad knew he was out in the boat"...Chad said, 'Sure'...but Rich kept saying "Chadwick you are only 7....." Chad finally started the motor and made a few more laps.

I asked Chad what was wrong with Rich and he said, "All he could say is WHERE IS YOUR DAD???"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I never knew what Hallett called their boat, this boat was designed by Bob Carlson, the plug was built be my dad in his garage in Garden Grove. Ron Eddy of Eliminator Daytona and other boats fame, finished the deck and actually lengthened the plug.

Somehow, Nick Barron and I "Hooked Up" and Nick build the mold. We called our boats "Snappers", I never knew what Nick called his.

Nick told me their was no money in these Mini Boats, https://eldfall-chronicles.com/product/2x-gargoyles/ so I I sold the mold for $6,000 to a guy in Oceanside. He took the mold to Eliminator's Mexico shop. My friend, Marion Davies has had the mold since the late '80's in Mexico.crypto poker online

I met with Marion in March, 2012, and asked what he'd charge me to build a boat. We have not "Hooked up" since March...He said he was busy, I told him I was real busy.

What these boats needed was a 50-60 HP, not 30 HP as the Coast Guard required...They ran like a "Rocket" with a 50 Yamaha, with power trim.

ADD:

Picture of your boat is at the Needles Marina, right??
    It's like a maritime soap opera, filled with molds, plugs, and engines with a need for speed.

Thread Information