Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: dry stack or not

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dry stack or not

I am building an 86 56 CI omc motor for my new Allison 13. 15 inch mid nitro gear case with nose cone and lwp, Custom tuner.150 PS I head. Thinking about drystacking the adapter and diverting the water out the side and away from the mid. Will this be beneficial on this power head? Any input?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dry pipe

You should pipe a solenoid valve in the circuit. A dry pipe to deliver slightly more top end at the expense of mid-range. If you are able to turn water on & off you have the best of both. Just beware that a dry pipe will melt your plastic water pump impeller and burn paint off the mid section.

Tim

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim I have always drilled an 1/8" hole to spray a small amt of water on to the tuner. No paint problems on the v6's. Is this going to kill mid range on a little motor. I have done what you are talking about on a drag motor. seems like a lot of trouble for a play boat.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ultrafast30 View Post
    Tim I have always drilled an 1/8" hole to spray a small amt of water on to the tuner. No paint problems on the v6's. Is this going to kill mid range on a little motor. I have done what you are talking about on a drag motor. seems like a lot of trouble for a play boat.
    It is a lot of trouble for a play boat. You need to spray some water to keep the plastic pump housing from burning, so dry is out anyway - unless you find an early cast aluminum pump housing....... The water helps midrange where the accel is anyway.

Good luck!

Tim

BTW: Just finished a batch of 30 aluminum velocity stacks for the OMC 1-bbl with 1.5" throat. $175 for three with fasteners & shipping.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim Can you cut a head for me.

Thread Information