Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Help... 2.4 Merc.... the story of!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fyremanbill View Post
    If you bought a replacement set of decals from Merc back when they were still available, they had little decals to cover the "formula" with offshore, Mod VP, 2.4, 2.0, etc. I still have half a set of the rainbow color decals from the mid 80's .
    You my friend.........are a god sent! That proves what most said wasn't possible! The fact that my cowl said 2.4, Blackmax, and OFFSHORE! ...and like I said, had "MERC" not "Mercury" on it!

....now comes the hard part for me, it doesn't taste good to say this but......I was WRONG about one thing, it didn't say "250" on it! It freaking kills me to say it, but I just talked to my Dad and explained what was going on, and the reason I needed more pictures of the motor. He said to the best of his memory it never said 250hp on the cowling, it was "Advertised" at being 250hp.... Guess I heard him say it so much, I thought it said it on the cowling! Guess now I just discredited my memory! ....well I don't know what to say, other than sorry! I swore it had the 250 on the back of the cowling, guess I'll never know! I can say this, if Mercury placed HP rating at the Power-Head in the 70's and later at the prop in the 80's, maybe my "Advertised" 250hp would just be what turned into the 225 motors? I know, I might be grasp'n at straws, but it was just a thought.

When I get home tonight I'll post some of the info I have found these past weeks about the early 2.4's, maybe it might help some one else out one of these days too!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, I guess I didn't really pay attention when I first found this, but the link was right here on BRF! (Found it on google, not by searching this site)

This is one of the guys making stickers-n-cowls for the 1750sx, Early Formula, Early Drag, etc.......

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ad.php?t=10942

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a picture from the link above ^^^^^^^^^

Looks like clean work!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information