Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: please help me make my 17' tracker gofaster

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default please help me make my 17' tracker gofaster

i have a 93' bass tracker pro17 with a merc 60hp elpto. the boat runs 37mph with two people at 5500 rpm. current prop is the stock 3 blade merc with 13" of pitch. i tried a solas amita 4 14" pitch and it slowed down to 35 mph and rpm's were only 4800. i put the stock prop back on and raised the motor one hole on the transome and it slowed to 34 mph. boat has no bow lift and i believe it slowed down with the motor raised because it had less bow lift. it was a really wet ride. i did some reading and believe a setback bracket or chopper prop would help. any advise would be apreciated. i was looking at some of rons props on ebay but dont know if any mods would be necisary since my current prop has the exaust through the hub. i am not too concerned about holeshot, just top speed. ide like to catch up with the a-holes who keep waking me when im trying to fish. thanks in advance. great forum btw.---tom

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

so, will a 4" setback plate help me lift the bow?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it will acked as a lever,but it is the bottom of the boat that maybe the problem.Or maybe the transom? If ti flexes your out of luck. With that said,call tracker and ask them what is the fastest a boat of your size,power boat?

Thread Information