Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has anyone figured this out?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone figured this out?

Has anyone figure out what to do with the rev limiter on a 35 3 cylinder omc, i have mine built and runnin 58 mph and hittin the rev, could i possibly sit down and wire a old 75 power pack up? I dont see why i cant?
    Walkiahi chop shop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orangebeast View Post
    Has anyone figure out what to do with the rev limiter on a 35 3 cylinder omc, i have mine built and runnin 58 mph and hittin the rev, could i possibly sit down and wire a old 75 power pack up? I dont see why i cant?
    Interesting thought. If you mix your own oil & the motor is not computer controlled then probably. Better to see if the limiter can be eliminated or just changed up 1st tho.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the thing with the factory power pack is it has a built in limiter, i cant find a company nowhere that offers with out one, i know i cant get a 3 cylinder 70 without one, as long as i keep my basic firin order the same it shouldnt be no problem wiring one in, i dont know of anyone that has ever tried buildin one of these motors, i did here of a guy in texas but i have yet to find him or away to contact him,
    Walkiahi chop shop

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMC Optical ignition

CDI Electronics explained there is no practical/economical way to eliminate the limiter in the OMC 35 triple. Parts do not match the OMC CDI-3 according to them. Obvious options are a custom/different ignition system, or load it down with more prop. Good luck!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I as told there is a guy in texas that originally designed these motors, they said u can send it to him and he would send it back pushin over 75 hp, i opened the casted tuner up 1/4 inch , and i borded the carbs, and welded the compression relief ports up alond with welding the head up to build the compression
    Walkiahi chop shop

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by orangebeast View Post
    I as told there is a guy in texas that originally designed these motors, they said u can send it to him and he would send it back pushin over 75 hp, i opened the casted tuner up 1/4 inch , and i borded the carbs, and welded the compression relief ports up alond with welding the head up to build the compression
    is this the motor i seen in Glens shop?? I could have sworn he had a 35 Johnson saying that it could crank out around 75 hp?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 32 cubic inches

One of my best 49.9 FE/SE mod engines made 108 crankshaft - a little over 2 HP per cubic inch - at 8000 RPM with a much better exhaust system, lots of compression, taller exhaust porting, and gigantic Boyesen RAD cages.

At only 32 cubic inches, you can expect more like 65 HP with all the tricks, IF you could to 8000. With the 6750 RPM limiter, stock porting, stock exhaust, increased compression, and shortened tuner, mid to upper 40s is more realistic. Good luck!

Tim

Thread Information