Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has anyone figured this out?

Hybrid View

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone figured this out?

Has anyone figure out what to do with the rev limiter on a 35 3 cylinder omc, i have mine built and runnin 58 mph and hittin the rev, could i possibly sit down and wire a old 75 power pack up? I dont see why i cant?
    Walkiahi chop shop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orangebeast View Post
    Has anyone figure out what to do with the rev limiter on a 35 3 cylinder omc, i have mine built and runnin 58 mph and hittin the rev, could i possibly sit down and wire a old 75 power pack up? I dont see why i cant?
    Interesting thought. If you mix your own oil & the motor is not computer controlled then probably. Better to see if the limiter can be eliminated or just changed up 1st tho.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the thing with the factory power pack is it has a built in limiter, i cant find a company nowhere that offers with out one, i know i cant get a 3 cylinder 70 without one, as long as i keep my basic firin order the same it shouldnt be no problem wiring one in, i dont know of anyone that has ever tried buildin one of these motors, i did here of a guy in texas but i have yet to find him or away to contact him,
    Walkiahi chop shop

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMC Optical ignition

CDI Electronics explained there is no practical/economical way to eliminate the limiter in the OMC 35 triple. Parts do not match the OMC CDI-3 according to them. Obvious options are a custom/different ignition system, or load it down with more prop. Good luck!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I as told there is a guy in texas that originally designed these motors, they said u can send it to him and he would send it back pushin over 75 hp, i opened the casted tuner up 1/4 inch , and i borded the carbs, and welded the compression relief ports up alond with welding the head up to build the compression
    Walkiahi chop shop

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by orangebeast View Post
    I as told there is a guy in texas that originally designed these motors, they said u can send it to him and he would send it back pushin over 75 hp, i opened the casted tuner up 1/4 inch , and i borded the carbs, and welded the compression relief ports up alond with welding the head up to build the compression
    is this the motor i seen in Glens shop?? I could have sworn he had a 35 Johnson saying that it could crank out around 75 hp?

Thread Information