The turbo 44 was used mostly on hydros that were 'iffy' at speeds over 90, but many times I was still pulling quite hard at 90. The automatic boost controller on the turbo didn't seem to work for me so I simply disconnected it and locked it at a set boost. The problem was, if it was set a 12 pounds of boost, it would quickly hit 12, then start to climb at high speed. So here is the situation, at full throttle the engine would go into detonation at about 15-16 pounds of boost. As I would be quickly approaching 100, I had to watch the boost needle and ease back on the throttle at 15 pounds of boost at the same time watch a speedometer (pre-gps) and also watch for sponson walk or too much lift, all at the same time. For comparison, I bought Bruce Summer's "F" looper and hydro and the accceleration with it was peaking at about 85 mph on it's way to 103-105. The turbo was very close in accel at 85 to the looper, but was much broader in power curve. Where the looper was only good from 65-70 on up, the turbo 44 on gas was great all the way from 30 or so, on up.