Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lets get bstarted

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lets get started

This is a great idea. Anyone with a question should post here and the folks with the answers should provide a great source of information. Now that we have the thread started who will be the first with any question?

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Alan

It could be more that to pose a question and wait for an answer and that is a good idea. Since the title of this section is How To Do Stuff On Your Boat members can just as well place info here with specifics on how to do various items on the boats: like repairs, using epoxy, fasteners, old plywood rejuvenation for clear coats, clear coating, construction tecniques, vacuum bagging, working with carbon fiber, references, etc. A Library of Information. Then 'Search' can be used to retreive info.

Post Thanks / Like

Here goes.....What's the meaning of life?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProHydroRacer View Post
    Here goes.....What's the meaning of life?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k1uOqRb0HU

OK let's get serious.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I give it a shot. I have been trying to find a set of plans for a hydro that my cousin started building in 1966. The boat is Ύ complete and I would like to finish it. It was a kit boat made by Champion Boats out of Long Beach CA. It is of conventional 3 pt. Design, Shovel nose. it could be built as an inboard or out board ( the plans showed it both ways). It said on the plans for class C/D. It has 5 ribs plus the transom. It’s around 11’ long, 58” wide at the sponsons, 30” between the sponsons and 68” from the back of the sponsons to the transom. The raised cockpit sides are 1/4 “ plywood and come to a point at the front edge. It showed a center turn fin on the plans. I could supply pictures and other measurements if that would help. By inspection all that is left to add is a few stringers to support the deck,the helm supports and dash, and the deck. I could probably wing it but I would like to finish it to the original plans. Any information on locating a set of these planes would be greatly appreciated. The last references I can find of Champion Boats is in a 1968 popular mechanics magazine. Any information on were I could find or purchase a set of these plans?

Thanks for any help. Ed Pics attached.
    Attachment 50174Attachment 50175Attachment 50176Attachment 50177Attachment 50178Attachment 50179Attachment 50180

Thread Information