Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Hill Family: Hill Marine and Signature Propellers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parker 1981...

Bill Muncey and John Daley had driven together at Havasu in a Glastron.... When John got this 19 foot Daytona, Bill made me promise I wouldn't get JOHNNY hurt....This is me behind the wheel...we finished third.... What year was Muncey killed??? I always thought of the IRONY of Bill telling me to take care of Johnny!!!

This is the same John Daley who ran the San Diego Regatta many years..

82 MPH all day!!!! (And we were the fastest in class)....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 07-05-2022 at 06:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1993 Parker Mini Enduro

16 year old Chad Hill, is being backed in for his first 45 SS Enduro ride... Second pictrure is the start. Winner was Jason Campbell, Chad finished second....

12 years ago!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default As My Brother Says...

My brother aways says, "You were what your were when."...

This was 1964....I had just raised the kilo record in DU and this picture went in to the Modesto Bee Newspaper...

Close up of the helmet...painted by Phil Nichols of the Fuzz Nichols Family...Dave Nichol's little brother...Came from Minnesota to California...
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-04-2007 at 11:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default D Stock Hydro

This is at the NEW LAKE LOS ANGELES, a fresh water lake, where John Puesto and I promoted a Stock race.... The land company gave me $5,000 to put on the race...We ran four races there before the land use rules changed....

I loved this Sid Craft...I raced it in C and D Stock plus A and B Alkie...

Bought it from Stan Armstrong in Beaver Falls, PA at the 1965 Nationals....

Every night, in Beaver Falls, we'd go Arm Wrestling for beers....I won a ton of beers for them Bowman, Oller, Simmons........group!!! Nobody could beat me left handed...and I'm right handed...But my throttle arm was strong!!!!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 02-02-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Needles Playboy...

To the left is Olin Griswold, we called him the Needles Playboy...He never liked the name, but his parents had bucks, they owned the Dr. Pepper, Diet Rite, Seven Up and other bottling company in the Needles area... He reportedly loaned Don Laughlin $5,000 when Don started Laughlin, Nevada... He's dead now, but in my college days were we as close as real brothers, though we were only fraternity brothers...We drifted apart after I married...he never married, he just stayed The Needles Playboy...To the right is CAPNZEE..... That is my 1968 Chevy Wagon...MY TRANSPORTER to all the races....

Thems ain't beers, them is "FROSTY DEVILS"....
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-04-2007 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default C 2.... DeSilva

Harry Bartolomei loved new boats and new engines, he just didn't like to paint his boats...Here is Harry and Lee Harris launching me for a D Racing Runabout Kilo run...I think I went 97...The record was a UIM record, but never an APBA record....as the rotary valve (VC) Konig wasn't approved that early in 1967..

See the handle on the side deck...? that was for my deck rider to hang on to...We broke the F Racing Runabout record the next day...
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-28-2006 at 09:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Last Evinrude C Service

The Old Man (My dad) is showing off the block to his LAST C Service...He built her up and didn't know about some new rods...the old rod cut that sucker in two......

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Cousin, John Heggenburger...

I have some relatives still racing in Seattle...John Peters is some kind of a relative...John Heggenburger is my cousin...he raced D Hyro, 20SS and 25 for a long time...He strat out in JU ina Larry Castineto JU that I bought for him...This is Robin Mayer next to John.....Robin was a hell of a racer and should be listed in women racers...Dave Mayer is the last ALKIE RACER in Region 12...He's been to DePue for the last two years.

Funny how many lives I have crossed paths with in boat racing.....

This race was at Lake Weist, both KID JACKETS were CUSTOM Laura Hill jackets...My mom made just about everyone's jackets...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Broc...."Future Schock"

Hey Broc... I just saw this picture and thought it was you....This is your dad, 1964....I was 20....Kristy Johnson, my college sweetie is in the middle and that is my mom next to my '59 Chevy....Take a look at me for a peek at your future...

Cool shoes I had...$2.50 a pair at the VANS Store in Garden Grove....

Post Thanks / Like

Default C-6 and Jimbo

This is the start at Victorville...C-6 is Russ Hill, Jr. in the roostertail is Jimbo in his May Craft (Swift Copy)...D Stock Hydro....Can't recall who is leading..Gentex jacket and a Sid Craft.....

The '56 Ford truck was my Old Man's...We drove the fire out of that thing...Jimbo and I use to see if we could "Peel Rubber", we'd floor her in neutral, and rev the fire out of her, then drop her in gear... Damn tuff truck as we never blew anything up on her....

Once, when my dad first installed the Smog Device, the engine woulkd backfire, he opened the hood and told me to rev her up and I did, she back fired and shot the dip stiick over the neighbor's house...never to be found...

1-C is my C Stock Runabout...a Morehouse Meteor with a Mark 30-H....
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-28-2006 at 09:14 AM.

Thread Information