Thread: Ron Hill Family: Hill Marine and Signature Propellers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hallett in '69, jones in'70 and scotti in '71

Havasu was very good to me in 1967, I won like $8,500 IN CASH, when I made $6,800 a year teaching school and a lot worth $4,500 that I later sold for $9,000 and carried the paper for ten years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 05-01-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jake Hill, RZR 170 on the Pole for Today's Races 6/10/2017

http://livetrackfeed.com/

Jake, Chad and I tested last weekend. This will be Jake's 4th race. He qualified 10th last time, this time he's on the pole. Testing a valuable. Especially when one tooth on a chain can drop you two miles per hour or one pound of air in the tire can gain you a mile per hour...
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 06-10-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marlee Hill

Here are a couple pictures of Ron's niece Marlee Hill from a stock race in Rock Falls IL on July 8th. This was the first time in a boat in a couple years.
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Al Lang, Ron Hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sigma Chi Omega Fraternity: 50 Years as Sigma CHi

I graduated 50 years ago from NAU. (Northern Arizona University) They were having a 50th year reunion for Sigma Chi Omega, the fraternity I was a member of, before we became Sigma Chi. My nephew, Bunker Hill, graduated as a Sigma Chi, 30 years ago and an NAU grad..
    Bunker and I decided to attend the reunion.
    I was reminded, after we signed up, to be sure to "Pick Up" my Significant Sig Award when we got to the reunion.
    Bunker and I figured, maybe, 50 people would be there. We were both quite surprised that there were 270 people at the reunion.
    I was more surprised because when they told me to come to the stage to get my award, 270 people gave me a standing ovation. My speech was short because I had not planned to give a speech and was actually quite over whelmed by the standing ovation.
    Probably, the 269 other people were lucky I had not planned to make a speech because sometimes, I can talk the ears off a wooden Indian.
    It was an amazing reunion, great to see about 30 of my old brothers. Bunker enjoyed his time with his old brothers.
    Wayne Connelley did one hell of a great job promoting this reunion, NAU and Sigma Chi.
    Thank you everyone that made this evening special!
    https://www.sigmachi.org/significant-sigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hill Racing: Signature Propellers By Hill Marine

I raced boats for 30 years, my son Chad raced boats for 30 years. Three years ago, this coming October, we quit boat racing and started a new venture, racing with Lucas Oil, Regional Offroad Racing.

They have 12-14 classes, you race over jumps like moto cross, and the course is boomer rang shaped. They race 14 laps, at lap 7, they throw and mandatory caution and re rack the field, single file. Then, they race another 7 laps.

I think we have raced 22 times, grand son, Jake is six and has raced 5 times. Most races are 50 miles from home. We did race the UTV Worlds, Jake's class, 6-12 year old had 56 cars in his 30 minute event. He was the only six year old and finished 39th.

Chad went testing Monday for this weekends race at Glen Helen Raceway, 7/29/2017. If you are in SoCal, come and join us. Racing starts a 5:00 P.M. Camping and motor homes are free..$10 admission.

Pictures are of Jake's car an RZR 170 by Polaris. Turned into a racer by dad, Chad Hill and John Soares.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A BIG THANK YOU to Jackie Wilson and John Schubert: Hallett Hydro Model

I knew Jackie made model of various boats, but didn't know he gave them away.

I got this package in the mail from John Schubert and it said here's your boat, Jackie has hurt his hand and didn't quite finish the gearcases. So, I helped with everything except the gearcases.

It is very cool, it doesn't need gearcases, as when a boat is running you can't see the gearcases.

Right now, we have it sitting on top of our 6,000 pound safe along with our memorabilia.

The actual picture of the Hallett was Havasu, 1969, Caesar Scotti is checking it out.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 08-20-2017 at 12:20 PM.
    Likes Lars Strom liked this post

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't ever give boats away Ron----
    A-----it sets a precedent
    B-----it's against my nature
    C-----if you ever tell anybody I will have to kill you
    D-----I am not a benevolent society
    E-----I am prone to doing stupid things for no apparent reason.

Just enjoy the thing for what it is Ron--------not valuable or accurate, authentic or even artistic !
    I did it because I wanted to and I could and its what I do with my spare time-----heard you do good things for many people, I'm sure lots of them wonder why? But in the end, only you know the answer!
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill, Powerabout, Al Lang liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jackie Wilson Picture

If you have any pictures "laying around" from the day, send one to me. Many people asked me this week, "Who made that boat.

Our retail store averages 50 people a week through our doors.

I would like to think that from the time I started racing, 1955, til today that I have worked hard to help new comers to the sport. My brother always said, "The trouble with boat racing, is they want new people to BEAT." For many years everything I owned, boats, motors and propeller were for sale.

People seems to like the propellers more and that is kind of how I got into to the propeller business.

I worked for our boat club for many years, as Commodore, Publicity Chairman, Region Chairman and race promoter.

Thank you again JACKIE FOR THE EXCELLENT "GIFT" and the kind words.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Beach, 1953

I was WATCHING THE START OF THE CRACKER BOX RACE.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, 1965 APBA Stock Outboard Nationals

Carl Meyers, started to Beaver Falls, in a new Chevy pick up with a camper on the back. He got to Ogalala, Nebraska and got hit head on.

This newspaper has been around since 1965, my dog decided to eat it today.

The full story will be in my book, but right now, I'm only up to 1961...

Thread Information