Thread: Ron Hill Family: Hill Marine and Signature Propellers

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default checkered past

moterboat,
    On page 8 is that the same boat your dad and I pulled all the way to Galveston just so you could fly down to roll it over in practice and OMC would not let us clean out the motors and put it back in the race? We had to sit around for two days and drink beer with Red Adair and watch the race . Bummmmmmmer. The trip down there and back with your dad was something I'll always remember. I think that was in '68 and he had his rug by then.

In hoc
    George
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-10-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Helmets....

Russ and I were looking at the old helmets in Leo B. Wildman's photos..I asked Russ if he remember his helmet like that and he said, "NO!!!"

Well, Russ, here it is...Salton Sea...

Russ is driving a Howard Thompson hydro, that was built new for John Drake, of the Drake Offy Family)... to run C Racing Hydro....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bell Helmet??

That helmet was made of metal and I think it came from France. Did Bell make metal helmets? I thought Bell Helmets came from Bell, California...

Hmm...
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 04-06-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Official Program: Long Beach 1947

Sponsored by Military Order of the Purple Heart....

Names in the program...Art Losvar, Mukiteo, Washington...I saw Dave at Jack Leek's Memorial..

Leonard Keller...Maker of the Keller Speedometer and Keller hardware...

Ray Hulett, Wickenburg, AZ (Worked for OMC when the built the Super Strangler engines)...

Bill Schuyler, later owed the Unlimited Dollar Bill

Bub Wiget

R.H. Hubbell AKA "PEP" Hubbell: Hubbell Motors

Russ Hill, my dad!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 10-10-2023 at 03:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Broc at Bakersfield

I bought Broc a J Runabout and after one race, Water Polo took off and seven years later, he's running 45 and A Hydro...

The other picture is "Standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona...Oh Lord, they're is a girl ina flat bed Ford looking back at me..."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Real "Family" Pictures....

I'm taking my first granddaughter (She is almost four already) to swimming lessons tomorrow....it was only yesterday, I was taking my daughter to swim lessons then, she grew up and got married...

Top picture is me, 1998...
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-17-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Brother Russ and Me

Some of these go back a ways....

The picture of 1-C was my dad and me, we were coming back fromthe 1961 Guntersville Nationals, and se got side tracked to Nebraska, to go to my dad's cousin's funeral..

This picture was taken in my dad's home town of Arapahoe, Nebraska....This picture made the local newspaper...

Bottom picture, my "Big Brother" holding me...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Edgar Peters...

I was in Needles the other day and heard Bob Peters had passed with cancer. His brother Edgar and I were good friends when Edgar was in college and when he raced. Here my brother is explaining to Edgar how to drive my "FLOATER" that I loaned him to run C Runabout...As I explained to "GAR" as I always called him, Russ doesn't know nothing about driving a runabout and he sure as hell doesn't know the river...So Don't listen to him!!!

It has always been a good family trait, that no one takes our BS seriously!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Ming 1978

Here Bunker and Russ are holding Brad Miller's "Crazyhorse" waiting for my to start the MOD U heat....I jumped the gun both heats. As I've said before, "Without a camera, there ain't no such thing as a PERECT start. Without a camera, you are either over or late..."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rich Job was Accountant...

Rich Job ran a pretty mean Furnel Flyer in 20 SS Hydro and he also had a 102 on a Flyer that ran well.... Chad was about 7 and I let him take the "SNAPPER" for a ride....Chad saw that Rich was broke down in the corner....and he stopped to help Rich.... Rich got so excited to see Chad driving the boat, by himself, he couldn't talk...He kep asking Chad, "If his dad knew he was out in the boat...Chad said, 'Sure'...but Rich kept saying "Chadwick you are only 7....." Chad finally started the motor and made a few more laps.

I asked Chad what was wrong with Rich and he said, "All he could say is WHERE IS YOUR DAD???"

Thread Information