Thread: Ron Hill Family: Hill Marine and Signature Propellers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reese and Payton: November 3, 2007

Reese got three goals... Peyton had great fun...Here, Peyton was picking clover flowers.... These girls are my granddaughters....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 10-12-2023 at 10:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default This Ain't No English Class...

Actually, my cousin Gene Pryor used to tell this joke about a kid and his English teacher...

Kid: Look at the BOYD!

English Teacher: That ain't no BOYD, it's a BIRD....

Kid: Well, it CHOYPS like a BOYD!!!!

Moving right ahead here...

Here is a ribbon worn by Russ Hill Sr., Marlee Hill's GREAT grandfather at the 1952 Stock Nationals in Oakland, California. The legend, Dean Chenowith won three Nationals that year...This ribbon is 52 years old!

The second ribbon was worn by me, Marlee's Grand Uncle, at the 1956 Gold Cup Regatta. We stopped at the race on the way home from the 1956 Stock Nationals in Cambridge, Maryland. In 1956, Dean Chenowith won AU, Billy Schumaker was second and I was third...

ADD:

How do you spell misteak anyway! AND, who cares??? I know one when I see one...

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to find where Ron posted that stuff about when he and others boat raced for TV every weekend, but forgot where it was. He has mentioned it a few times but I didn't recall seeing any pictures. Anyway, I found this article in the February 1956 SPEED & SPRAY.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Speedboat Rodeo

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    I tried to find where Ron posted that stuff about when he and others boat raced for TV every weekend, but forgot where it was. He has mentioned it a few times but I didn't recall seeing any pictures. Anyway, I found this article in the February 1956 SPEED & SPRAY.
    Thanks for posting this. I joined this site because of Speedboat Rodeo. My mom and dad worked for Elgin Gates at Seaboard. It's where they met. My dad sales promotion for Seaboard and did the commercials for the show. My mom was a telephone receptionist there and was in some of the ads for Seaboard. My mom has some promo pics of my dad and a pic with Elgin in a boat that I will post as soon as I can.
    For now here's the Seaboard staff. Ron, you might recognize some of them.
    Then there's a couple of ad pics with my mom in them that my dad took.
    Anyone that has pics of Speedboat Rodeo would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look what I found....

Russell Hill Senior listed driving Skippy....A Rockholt C runabout

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fraternity Brother Mike Gianelli

Mike Gianelli
    Team Member

The new 40

It was around 40 years ago that I first met Ron Hill. He pledged Sigma Chi, the fraternity to which I belonged. We affectionally nicknamed him "HillyBilly".
    He was a boat racing champion back then and he's continued that venue ever since. I talked to HillyBilly infrequently over the next 40 or so years and each time a fraternity reunion came up, I'd email him to see if he could make it. He always said maybe but never showed. This year, he did show and it was great to see him after all these years. Several months ago, I had dinner with him and our dates. We had a lot of catching up to do. Actually, after dinner, I realized that HillyBilly hasn't changed all that much over the years, which is a good thing.

The next reunion we're trying to schedule is in February, 2007, to celebrate the fact that most of us survived these last 40 years in pretty good shape.

I hope all the Sigs who visit this page try and make the next reunion. It's always great to see all the guys and reunions, like birthdays, are good for your health. The more you have, the longer you live.

In hoc,

Mike Gianelli EX 1966

Post Thanks / Like

Default C-6 Russ Hill Jr. and Joe Moore

Joe Moore in 50-C, boat built by Joe. C-6 is Russ Hill, Jr. in a Howard Thompson hydro...D Stock Hydro, around 1958.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parker 9 Hour: 1970

I drove 7 hours and forty minutes that day...

The boat is my avitar is this Hallett...as my brother says, "You were what you were when..." This was WHEN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parker 1979

Bouncey gave me these pictures...The tall one is me...That is Chuck Newton to the left...Chuck, who never like COPS, was the only person he could send to take a race boat somewhere that NEVER MAXED out the credit card....

That is The Crazy Horse Molinari with a 2.0 liter six carb Merc on the back...Freddy Hauenstein had just gone to work for Mercury and this SIX carb was an attempt to build more power than the TEAM MERCURY EFI 2.0 motors...

It went fast enough to scare me...This was my last Tunnel boat race...Something about having a six year old daughter and a two year old son, and seeing a KELLER at 122 MPH.......I thought it was time to race MOD VP....
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-18-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Russ Hill, Sr. Raced Boat In 1937

How long has our family been in racing? I know 4 generations, but how many years?

So, 1937 til today 2015??? 78 years!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 04-06-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Marlee Hill

Thread Information