Thread: Ron Hill Family: Hill Marine and Signature Propellers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hallett Hydro Havasu 1969:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 10-26-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1979 Drake Engineering and Dick O'Dea

In 1979, my brother Russ, was President of Drake Engineering. Drake built the Offy Indy engines and were developing other engines including the Drake V-8.

I was working there part time, so I invited Dick O'Dea to visit as we talked now and then about V-6 Mercs and I had had him build one for Broc Glover of moto cross fame. It was a running Merc.

At the same time, I invited Fred Hauenstein from Mercury Racing.

In hind sight, I would never have had them both there together, as Mercury Racing gained some great "INSIGHTS" from Dick O'Dea, like the cross way reeds...

Anyway, that is water over the damn dam.

In 1967, I rigged Harry Bartolomei's new 500 CC Schultz hydro in Dick O'Dea's front yard. Here is a picture of Dick's shop and a few of his motors..I later that month won the 500 CC World Championship John Ward Trophy race, beating Dick's Cresent Outboard and Sid Craft.

My dad met Dick in 1954, and ever since the name Dick O'Dea and GENTLEMAN always go together in the Hill Family vocabulary!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hill Wedding May 15, 2010

c

The prop business has been so busy, even though the USA boat business is OFF 90% since 2007, I've had little time to post, not to mention my scanner is giving me **** and I can't scan pictures....

Laurie and I were married 5/15/10, interesting facts my mom and sister are both Lauries.

We had a great wedding, Laurie had been divorced for almost 11 years and I had been divorce for 5 years. Laurie has three children, I have three, also.

Jessica, besides being a teacher (Just completed 17 years now at 36) is also our photographer.

We are the Racing Hills!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-27-2022 at 04:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weedless 7 X 4 Mud Prop Poster Girl from Hill Marine

Peyton Bodas, my daughter's middle girl, my number 2 granddaughter, is holding a 7 X 4 Weedless mud Prop. These hunting propellers are made by Stainless Steel Propellers, Boat Props, Marine Accessories | Hill Marine

and come in many sizes. Hunting season is just around the corner, so Peyton is Hill Marine's "OFFICAL" poster girl for Weedless Mud Props.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-25-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paris 1971: Six Hours of Paris, France

Mike Ward from England sent me this picture and I could not down load it to save my life, so I took a picture of the picture!

Ron

I recently acquired the photo archive of the defunct Powerboat & Waterskiing Magazine who I used to write for in the 1980's. This photo was included in the 2000+ b/w prints most of which do not have captions.

I am still reseaching for my book on the History of Championship Boat Racing which I started over 25 years ago and currently contains 1000 pages and 500 photos split into 14 volumes. The Parker race is included and I came across the Brunette photo hoping it was the winning from 1967/68 but I had guessed this may have been a more recent photo.

I would be interested in any photos of previous Parker winners you may have, in return I have attached a photo from the 1971 Paris 6 Hr race which you may recognise, not sure if it you or Mr Wallace in the driving seat. According to the caption the 32 boat is Downard / Pellolio.

Regards
    Mike
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 10-26-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Needles CA 10/22/10 Goddesses!

Here are the three most gorgeous women in Needles CA as of today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Elsinore, April 3, 1949

Found this old circular and then found this picture to go with it. My brother Russ, is in C-207, my dad is holding him on this April Showers Day.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 02-12-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

okay Ron....here's your "One Piece at a Time" picture! lol

Parker 300 Enduro, 2010, me, Ron, and my dad are walking through the parking lot because Ron had some engine parts in the back of his truck or something like that, all of a sudden Ron yells, "it's a One Piece at a Time truck! I need an A-daptor kit!" hahaha

Marlee Hill

Post Thanks / Like

editting by Russ Waterson...hahaha Ron's One Piece at a Time truck with a little Hill in it hahah

Marlee Hill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spare Parts and And Two Patrol Boats....

Picked up a few more parts today, and two patrol boats...

Add A COUPLE OF BRIDGE PORT 2.4'S , SEVERAL 2.0 LITER BLOCKS...NEW CLE HOUSING....Some V-6 Rods... couple of in line six long blocks...Every ****! And a cool three hole 150 XS gearcase!

....DAVE BRYAN AND I SCORED AGAIN!

Might run that Mark Hanh in the two stroke division...with Marlee Hill doing the riding!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 10-16-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Thread Information