Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Advertising

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Advertising

Love this website but so sad to see that the powers that be have succumed to the Almighty Advertising that just seems to gaud up anything that is interesting. Sorry, just a rant.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy this site also but I also know it cost money to keep the site running.
    David
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sometimes, Things Change

Quote Originally Posted by flybynight55 View Post
    Love this website but so sad to see that the powers that be have succumbed to the Almighty Advertising that just seems to gaud up anything that is interesting. Sorry, just a rant.
    When Ted and I started BRF, in 2004, we never really planned to lose money here, just keep the web site going. Ted had been in sales and marketing for most of his life and he was to do the marketing, I was to do whatever I could. Well, Ted's health has precluded him from really having anytime to promote revenues for BRF.

Sam Cullis has spent more time working for BRF than i can count, but like myself, Sam doesn't have "SERIOUS KNOWLEDGE" of web sites. Sam has been more of a carpenter for BRF, than an architect. This is not meant to be anything but positive for Sam, as without a carpenter, houses don't get built.

For some reason, many people see me selling or E-bay, posting on BRF and having a partnership in www.hillmarine.net , people get the idea I know something about web sites. What I know is how to turn the computer on, how to sign in, how to post, and how to post pictures.

Last spring when BRF's site hosting company disappeared in the middle of the night, Mike Quindazzi, Jr. . TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO RUN THE PROBLEM DOWN AND FIX IT. This was about a 50 hour project. That work was never seen on BRF, because it covered a daily back up system, and a hosting company with real credentials. Mike refused any money for this effort.

Not long ago Mike asked if we had Google AdSense? I said what???? Google places ads here based on our demographics. In theory BRF will reap the benefits. I'll keep everyone posted on how the ad money comes in.

BRF was getting about 100 BOGUS/ROBOTS applications per one real applications. I spent a half day one Saturday deleting robot memberships. Mike and I discussed the need for up dated software. Again, Mike did all the work, about 30 hours on a weekend, up dating the software. The new software connects BRF with Facebook, you can click any article to "LIKE" and it posts on Facebook, all new posts are shown with the poster's Icon, and at the bottom of every thread, there is a list of threads like the one you just read.

The new software allows BRF to have growth in posted pictures and written threads.

Mike is really the one that pointed out that BOATRACINGFACTS.COM really cost me about $300 per month.

Personally, I like the new software, because I post on Facebook often.

If the ad money I recieve pays for BRF's expenses, I will start paying people to write up events that would be of interest to BRF readers.

Thread Information